“Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I had toured 30 or so wineries in the Seneca Lake area over the last few years. Anthony Road was one of our favorites! Table wines were perfect for those who prefer dry or sweet wines. There was something there for everybody. I am partial to sweet/ice wines myself so when I got to try one of their Reserve Ice Wines, I was in absolute heaven. It was beyond delicious and smooth. It was worth the cost of a bottle for sure. I'm pretty positive this is one I won't be sharing! All in all, wines were delicious and our server was extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and really just fun to stand and talk to!

Visited May 2013

6 attraction reviews
“Dessert wines to die for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Anthony Road dabbles in dry whites and reds, and some off-dry stuff, but they are almost universally forgettable. An afterthought, really. What they do best, dessert wines, they do really, really well. Their Trockenbeeren selections, both vignoles and riesling, rank with the best of German examples of this style. Depth of fruit, perfect acidity to counterbalance. They're extremely expensive, of course (no economies of scale to start with and then layer on labor intensive production), but they are phenomenal.

The tasting room is vast, clean, and sun-filled. The staff are friendly but, at least on my visit, not super knowledgeable. You can taste the dessert wines, at a fee, and I think it's highly worthwhile.

Visited April 2013
Victor, ny
5 attraction reviews
“Home of some of our favorite wines.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

NIce people. Very good wines. Out local wine store stocks a lot of NY state wines. Were introduced by my son to their wines as gifts.
Nice place to visit and great views.

Visited August 2012
Upstate New York
5 attraction reviews
“A GREAT Finger Lakes Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped for a wine tasting at Anthony Road Wine Company two weeks ago. We tasted five wines for $2.00 each person. We were much impressed by the wines we tried, so we bought a few bottles to take home. The take home bottles didn't stay long at the house; they were terrific. Yesterday we returned to to a friendly welcome and bought a case.

I would highly recommend a visit to Anthony Road - great wine, great people.

Visited March 2013
Wolcott
6 attraction reviews
“Crafted with Care, and attention to Detail and Flavor Nuances”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Wonderful Wines. Each Sip was a Flavor Explosion! Stop and Enjoy while on your Trail Ride! There Tasting Room looks out onto Seneca Lake. The winery is on the West side of Seneca Lake.

Visited February 2013