“New Owner Pulled Out All the Stops” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
“New Owner Pulled Out All the Stops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Tammy the new owner at New Serrasins or Boat Yard was amazing! We eloped in October 2012 at the restaurant's lakeside dock. She helped with all the details and even let us borrow her personal fancy wine glasses for our dinner. The dinner was great; our steaks were cooked perfectly and the view was fantastic. We would definitely visit again. Try the artichoke appitizer.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Yuck!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Food was actually terrible. Rolls were completely hard and in edible. Advised waitress I was a vegetarian yet my marinara sauce came out with sausage!!

Took so long for service. We waited 25 mins for the check

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Falls, NY
“A Place to Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My boyfriend ordered Vegetarian Lasagna which was delivered to the table cold. And the $18.95 plate of Sauteed Sea Scallops I ordered, they switched for $4 a pound baked bay scallops which were rubbery and tasteless. I just happen to know the difference and there is no comparison. This restaurant tried to pull a fast one but didn't quite make it. When the Floor Manager came to our table when I called them on it, she admitted she saw the scallops being prepared and that they weren't sea scallops but did not apologize for trying to cheat me, or for my boyfriend's cold lasagna. How did bay scallops get on my plate if I didn't order them and she saw them in the kitchen??? She offered to heat the lasagna up, or get a different plate of lasagna, and asked if I'd like something else from the menu (do you really think so?) They offered to adjust our bill by 50%, so our bill was still $24 for terrible food. For these menu prices we expect high quality food (it's not McDonalds!) and the only fix acceptable would have been the chef personally coming to the table and apologizing, and offering the dinner on the house and a voucher for dinner on the house on another day, to prove they could do better. This restaurant has a lot to learn about customer service. We will never go back to this restaurant. Don't go to this place, there are too many other good choices in the area.

Terri M.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
rochester,new york
“new owner- now Boat Yard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went with a group. Service good, but food just okay. My rueben was not grilled, as they should be. Sandwich was not even warm/ Cheese not melted and the sauerkraut cold. My husband's steak sandwich was also cold. Location is great- near town and right on the lake.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Penfield, New York
“High hopes dashed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This restaurant is now under new ownership and renamed the The Boatyard. No liquor license and terrible, way overcooked food. My husband had the fish fry a friday nite staple and it was so dry he thought it had been cooked days before and reheated. I hate fried shrimp dinner w/garlic smashed potatoes and limp vegetables. The food was barely warm and the garlic must have been waved over the potatoes. Nothing inviting about the decor. Hope these new owners get a new chef soon.

• Visited August 2012