“Great restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Palmyra, New York
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Visited restaurant twice. Had a delicious chicken salad for lunch. Was fresh and meat tender. Then visited for Valentine's Day and had Haddock French which was cooked to perfection. One of the best meals I have experienced. Friendly and fast service too in a relaxing, homey atmosphere. Perfect for a business lunch or special occasion dinner.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rochester, New York
“Server was either inexperienced or inept”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

It pains me to write this, since we had a previous excellent experience here. This time, however, was completely different. We arrived about 5:45 to a mostly empty house and therefore expected prompt service. Problems arose right away when we noticed that everyone around us had bread on the table, but none was offered even after we had ordered our salads. When asked, bread was finally brought to our table. While the other tables appeared to be receiving attentive service, we noted that our server seemed to spend a lot of time talking with the hostess. We continually had to ask for water refills. When my veal parm arrived, I took one taste and immediately did not care for the sauce. When I told the server, her reply was "Well, that's how they make it here." Really? This is SATISFYING your customer?? In all my years of patronizing restaurants, this is the first and only time I've received such a nasty response.
Maybe the server was having an off night.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good steak, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We went to T-Bones Steakhouse on a Sunday night along with a lot of other people who had an expiring LivingSocial coupon, so it was busy. The staff was a bit harried, but remained friendly, if a bit brusque, and didn't miss a beat. We enjoyed our cocktails, the bartender has some chops. Our 14 oz. strip steaks were top-notch, cooked to our liking, and very tender.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Certainly among the Best in Penfield NY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Sometimes you're in for a delicious surprise when you try a new restaurant, that was our experience tonight when we dined at TBones in Penfield NY. We made last minute reservations and our table was the least desirable in the main dinning room, but hey our fault for waiting to reserve. However, both meals were outstanding. I ordered the French country salad, fresh baby greens, creamy goat cheese, earthy and sweet beets with walnuts topped with sad skinny asparagus, but tis not the season for that vegetable in this town. The salad was a textural wake-up for the palate. My husband ordered the Cesar salad a big portion of crispy romaine, with a garlicky dressing that he enjoyed. My twin lamb chops were seared to perfection, tender and juicy. The rosemary demi - glaze was the perfect accompaniment that enhanced the enjoyment for the chops. the scalloped potatoes served piping hot and caramelized were decadent and worth every bite. The ratatouille was cooked with vegetables that still had a nice crunch and a rich saucy taste. My husband's strip steak was thick, juicy and tender with a nice sear. It had a paprika rub, which became more pronounced as he ate his steak. He would ask to omit on a return visit. The wine list was respectably good with some Finger Lakes options and the prices average. Our service was attentive and prompt. TBones lost a star because they've packed just too many tables in a small space. At an upscale restaurant you deserve privacy and that was lacking tonight at our table. I almost wished they had seated us in one of the bar tables that were more private. We will be back with better planning and a request for a more intimate table.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Intimate and Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently visited T-Bones for dinner. Our daughter had recommended the place, and we were not disappointed. Each of our entrees was excellent and our service was prompt and unobtrusive! The only downside was that the very intimate dining room seemed to be a bit noisy at times. Can't wait to go back!

Visited November 2013