“Book your wedding guests somewhere else” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Pearl River

You added Hilton Pearl River to your Saves list
Hilton Pearl River
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Veterans Memorial Drive, Pearl River, NY 10965-3209   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearl River
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Book your wedding guests somewhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We recently stayed here with a wedding party and I am incredibly disappointed in our experience for two reasons:

1) My card has been charged so many times that it makes me wonder if there is someone in the back room just slapping buttons. One week prior to our arrival, I had three separate credit card charges from the Hilton Pearl River, totaling over $1500. Our correct total price was something like $250 so I thought at first that someone had stolen our card. I had to call Hilton customer service to get it sorted out and had a long voice mail from someone at the Pearl River saying there were very sorry for the inconvenience and the incorrect charges were being reversed. The charges did get reversed, but not a word was said about all the charges until I had to call in and make a fuss. I also mentioned the overcharging at the front desk and was very rudely told that it was pricline's fault (who be booked through) and not the hotel's. This was a flat out lie and the fact that I was not confrontational at all when bringing it up gave me the impression that the staff was very unprofessional. For the record, I confirmed with Hilton that if the charge says "Pearl River Hilton" it is directly from the hotel, not priceline. Now, after we have left, I have another $100 charge on my card for who knows what and will need to make another call to Hilton to get it removed.

2) Just like another reviewer, I booked a king room. We arrived around 5pm on a Friday and the check-in process went very smoothly. After we went up to the room, though, it was obvious that we did not have a king room and no mention was ever made that we wouldn't. I called the front desk to ask why and again got a rude response about how they only have "so many" king rooms available. I asked why I had been confirmed for a king room when I booked and was told that "they both cost the same, so you get a queen or two doubles." That makes absolutely no sense to me. The reservation says nothing like "or equivalent" or "not guaranteed" etc. I also didn't like that the response to asking why we didn't get the room we reserved was just that it was too bad.

Those were my two biggest issues by far, but the rude and unfriendly staff did not help, and I would agree with other reviewers that the heating/cooling unit in the room was very noisy. We are not light sleepers, but both woke up several times a night as it kicked on and off the first night. The second night, we just left it running constantly so that at least the noise would not be a problem. The walls are very thin, and we heard some very rhythmic "squeaking" the second night (good for them, I guess). We could hear every word of every conversation coming from the hallway and even a few rooms down the hall.

There is really nothing special about this hotel, other than the appearance of the exterior. It is very pretty looking and I am sure would be nice for photos or something. But inside is just average. The rooms are outdated (read: ugly) and small, the staff is unprofessional and unfriendly, and you better have plenty of room on your credit card for when you start getting phantom charges before (and after) your arrival.

I would not stay here again. This hotel does not live up to the Hilton name.

Room Tip: I have no idea how to get the room you booked, because apparently they let you book even when your r...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
William M, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I can understand how frustrating this must have been and I hope you accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and booking missteps experienced before and during your stay when you were with us for a wedding in the area. We are much better than you experienced and we certainly will use your comments in an effort to improve and exceed our guests' expectations. I would like to be able to get more details on these mistakes so I can better address them with our team. Please reach out to me directly. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

william.maloney@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Spotswood, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The Cooling/heating system was so noisy it made my stay at this otherwise nice hotel unpleasant. It would cycle on every twenty minutes with such a loud noise that it kept waking me up all night. I ask what good is it to have a nice location, lobby and staff if when it's time to get well needed sleep for a business meeting the next day?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

William M, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I’m very sorry you were disturbed by the noise from your air conditioning unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep these units in excellent and quiet condition and we are sorry to hear this was not your experience. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area, as we would love the opportunity to improve on this past experience. If you would like to share more details with me so we can better address this particular situation, please get in touch.
Thanks,
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very old and noise a/c or ventilation that even after turning off kept making very loud noise. I can't imagine staying in this room when it is very hot outside. A bunch of guests went outside of the hotel at night and was making very loud noises. I did not see any attempts of the hotel personnel to address this issue. The settign of the hotel is nice, the staff was quite friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Andrei,
Thank you for your comments about the friendliness of our staff and taking the time to share your concerns as well. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for the issues with room comfort and noise from other guests. We will use your comments as we work to improve our guests satisfaction. I do hope you reconsider and give us another chance the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is probably the most unprofessionally run and managed hotel I've been to. We are here for a wedding, and it started poorly since we pulled up to valet. We pull up and no one approaches to help with bags. We start taking the bags out of the car and the bellman is laying down on the bench in front watching us. We had to go up to him and ask him to help us, really? Next, at check in they tell us they don't have the king room that we booked five months ago, they could only give us two doubles or a queen. This is not acceptable. The men at the front desk have attitude and are rude. We are here for a wedding and they don't even have the best mans room, because they sold the room to someone else. How does this happen? Not to mention, the rooms are pretty smelly as well. This is a very poorly managed hotel. It's a hilton that's run like a motel 6. I would not stay here again if I had the choice.

Stayed October 2013
Edakh,
Please accept our sincere apologies. You have every right to be upset based on your description of your arrival and check-in experience. We will certainly use these comments to address this issue. I hope the remainder of your stay was much better than the first impression of our hotel. Feel free to get in touch should you wish to discuss this further.
Thanks For Your Understanding,
Linden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Beautiful hotel and property once I found it. I arrived at night and besides the sign by the light to turn there were no other signs to find hotel. When I found it there were no signs on or near the building that said Hilton so I wasn't sure if I was in the right place. Once I walked up to reception I learned I was in the right place. Beautiful hotel and room besides the still wet rings from glasses on my night stand and the bathroom counter that didn't look like it had been cleaned in quite awhile. In the morning I got to see the property it was on and it was perfect especially in the fall with the leaves turning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer O,
I am glad that you seem to have had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for sharing your comments about the condition of the guest room when you checked in. Without knowing more details of your stay (date of stay, name, room number) it is difficult to look into this further. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly so I can look to address your concern. Should you return to the area I hope you choose us again.
Thanks,
New Milford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My older sister just got married last weekend at the Pearl River Hilton. This was an excellent hotel to stay at as well as have a dream wedding! Aside from a beautiful ceremony and reception,my family, friends and I enjoyed the bar and breakfast buffet. The rooms were simple but extremely clean and comfortable. I had a problem with my shower and someone was there to fix it immediately!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

William M, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Leonora C,
Congratulations to your sister, her new husband, and your entire family. We're so glad you enjoyed everything so much. We hope to see them again for their anniversary!
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The location of the hotel, the lobby, Le Jardin and the ballroom and our room were very nice, as was the wedding reception food and service and the post wedding brunch. Unfortunately the AC unit noise was disruptive to sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Pearl River? Share your experiences!