“Temple Emeth's Yearly Weekend Retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Pearl River

Save Saved
You added Hilton Pearl River to your Saves list
Hilton Pearl River
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Veterans Memorial Drive, Pearl River, NY 10965-3209   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Pearl River
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Temple Emeth's Yearly Weekend Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

My son was married at this Hotel, October 8, 1995, Columbus day weekend. It was a beautiful affair. The location of the Hotel and the view is magnificent. My co-chair and I decided that we would hold our Temple's Yearly weekend retreat there. This past February was our 17th yearly weekend at the Hilton Pearl River. Gerry Burns, the Director of Catering has been there for us for each of the 17 years that we have been coming. She is fantastic. She helps us plan our weekend. She takes care of any dietary problems that some of the people attending may have. They have wheelchair accessible rooms. The staff couldn't be better. The accommodations are wonderful. The food is excellent. They cater to all our needs. We will be back next year!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We live in NYC and thought we'd go for a mini-getaway to nearby Pearl River. The Hilton looked beautiful on the website and our kids were eager to swim. We took a car service there and back but I would strongly urge you to go only if you have a car there with you. The grounds offer little space for kids to run and enjoy. There is a bridge our the back of the property but it has a fence blocking you from crossing to the other side (which is a golf course). The hot tub was not working our first day there. The pool was nice and so were the other people there... The food was mediocre. It is not s resort with anything to do on site. I guess I knew that but I had hoped there was SOMETHING to do there. We took a taxi to the nearby Palisades Mall for entertainment.

Room Tip: 2nd floor looks right out onto the rooftop AC unit. Go higher up.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Hillsdale, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

on January 13th we had my step daughter's sweet sixteen in the le jardin room. the room looked even better than I can imagine. the staff was wonderful, it was so clean, there were so much to chose from, and it was so great. the white glove service made us feel so special. they realy handled the party so well. everyone was so accomadating, helpful, and just amazing. my party planner Nancy Romsen.. was the best, and my party manager derek was out of this world.

I think the best part about it. it was because the bar was right next door, where adults who don't want to drive back and forth, or those who wanted to stay around and have a couple of drinks with other parents can do so, with out being so far, or worrying about not being on time for the kids. I also loved the reception area, where it was so welcoming to the children and their parents. the children were able to wait for their parents in the reception/ lobby area to be picked up. they were not out in the cold. what was also nice that the room is right of the lobby, where they had a few areas to sit. and one wonderful warm fireplace, where some of the adults were able to retreat to from the loud music of the party. the menu was just amazing comparing to other places around. they actually had adult food. witrh a asian table, a carving table, and a pasta table..but the cheese table was by far my favorite. of course the children loved the sliders, chicken nuggets, mozzerella sticks, french fries and onion rings.. but they realy enjoyed the salad, and the asian table too. the adults of course loved the carving table and the pasta.. it was just wonderful. just convenient and made all happy.

the staff and everyone envolved made this party a memorable day for all of us. :) thank you so much Hilton!! the very best.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We recently stayed 3 nights at this hotel. Inside, it is a standard corporate style Hilton, with a lovely golf course, spacious rooms, nice bathroom, nice toiletries. The gym was small but the equipment was excellent. You cannot visit this area without a car, as nothing is close by. As this was our first visit to this area, and we were unfamiliar with this part of New York.Unfortunately, there is scant tourist and restaurant literature in the lobby, and no local maps at the front desk. While we on the road for 2 weeks, this was the only hotel where the front desk staff was unwelcoming and snippy. Also, they charge $5 per day per electronic item for wi-fi, which was irritating at best in today's world.

Room Tip: Try to overlook the golf course instead of the front parking lot.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed the stay. A lovely location but without a vehicle, becomes difficult to move around. Pretty spacious rooms, cosy and clean and great service. Front desk people were extremely helpful whenever there was a need for anything or for any information.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here.

The hotel is in a lovely setting next to a golf course. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable and the service was good and friendly. The restaurant is particularly good and reasonably priced

Minus points - you do need a car when staying here - it's not walking distance to anything! also, it was a shame the golf course or park wasn't easily accessible.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I travel a lot and this Pearl River Hotel if one of my favorite. First because of people: employees are genuinely nice and caring, would it be at the Front desk, in the restaurant & bar, or housekeeping. Whatever I need, they seem to do the extra mile with true pleasure.

Second, the hotel itself is a nice French château-style architecture, with large and comfortable room, beautifully furnished with French Régime style furniture. They have no suites, but this is compensated by the size of the rooms. The air conditionning may be a bit noisy in some room, but except for this, I feel it is an exceptional value for the area. It takes me about 25-30 minutes to go to Manhattan, and even with the $12.00 I pay for the Georges Washington Bridge and the parking fee near Time Square, I feel it is a better deal to stay there than on the Island. The hotel looks like in the middle of the Country, and the surroundings are marvellously calm and beatiful. I suggest you ask the view on the golf course if available at time of reservation.

Business services are of top quality, and we had a few business meeting there. Catering is quite affordable and of unquestionnable value. Business center is complete and large enough to have small meetings (3-4 people). If needed, employees are always ready to help if you forgot something.

Swimming pool is perfect for someone like me who enjoys exercising in the morning. It is square and large enough to accomodate 4 people doing laps early in the morning. There is a lifeguard on duty, so children can play safely, There is a sauna, a spa, and a well equipped exercise room, but people I speak to prefer to enjoy the ouside surrounding for running as it is exceptionnaly healthy for a place so close to New York City.

Restaurant atmosphere is a bit cold and echo. It would benefit of plants or other noise absorbing artefacts. But the quality of food is exceptional and service is unparalleled. Cost is affordable and there are interesting wines at popular prices. The morning buffet is offering quite a selection of food for all taste, so you can be health conscious or a big eater and in both case you will be satisfied. Lunch is affordable with intersting options: burger with sweet potatoes fries which are addictives, or the prosciutto tower which is absolutely exquisite and healthy. Dinner is particularly refined with a great 4 ounce filet mignon for less than $20, a good fish selection, pasta, etc. I can have a great dinner with my wife without breaking the bank or going to bed with enough calories to contribute to the planet warm-up...This being said, protions are generous and dessert are a treat for the taste buds. I am not totally enthusiastic with the bread, but the sweet onion flatbread is addictive,. .

We conclude our dinner with a little digestive, and as I pleasantly play the piano, the staff let me tickle the beatiful Kawai grand piano a bit at times. This is such a magic moment for my wife, my friends and I,

I spent over 150 night in hotel in 2011, of which approxiamtely 20 at the Hilton Pearl River. I would wish all hotels would provide this kind of service. So for me, this is the benchmark.

Room Tip: Ask for a vew on the golf course.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Pearl River? Share your experiences!