“Back to Stay and Still Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pawling House B&B

The Pawling House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pawling
The Pawling House B&B
You added The Pawling House B&B to your Saves list
105 West Main Street, Pawling, NY 12564   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Pawling B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Back to Stay and Still Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I hadn’t been to the Pawling House for at least a year. I checked on Trip Advisor to see if standards I had enjoyed have been maintained. Yes! Was that my experience when I visited recently? ABSOLUTLEY! Barbara still provides a clean, well-appointed, spacious, quiet, and comfortable experience with the graciousness that comes with loving your work and the people you have as guests. I slept in the Room 3, the Merwin Room . . . my favorite. The room faces the backyard. I enjoyed having the windows open a bit all night due to the warmer weather. I enjoyed a lovely chat with Barbara in the parlor and heard all about the freak snow storm this past October and how she had a full house and then some. In the morning, I enjoyed a wonderful multi-course breakfast that proved to the last detail that Barbara has kept her very high standards. I usually don’t fret a bit about not having strong cell service because the WiFi is excellent. This time, though, I had good Verizon service. All this being said, I can’t wait to go back and hope others can come to this oasis.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room but I love the queen bed and location of Room 3.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

This is a place where you really can get away and relax. Everything about this place is exceptional especially the innkeeper Barbara. This place is also immaculate. Barbara will guide you if you like to the perfect activities and restaurants. It is also so easy to get to from NYC on the train or by car. You need a weekend here! There is absolutely no other place to stay in the area that even comes close.

Room Tip: Every room is great! And the rates are very reasonable.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Spent a fantastic summer weekend at the Pawling house while planning our wedding. The owner could not have been more welcoming and accomodating. The house is impeccably clean both in the common areas and the bedroom. It is walking distance from the town. Homeade breakfast was not only incredibly delicious but took into account personal allergies ect. I can't imagine a more well run B&B.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sherman, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband surprised with an overnight stay here for my birthday. We live in the next town Sherman, CT so it was a short drive to get there. Barbara made us feel so welcome and has a great personality for this! She is kind, caring and goes the extra mile to make sure your visit is the best!! The breakfast food was amazing. We will definately be back probably on our anniversary next year. I highly reccomend a stay here, great way to enjoy some quiet time and recharge your batteries

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Tumon, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

What an incredible B & B: outstanding breakfast, comfortable, clean suite with Internet access, private, quiet, beautiful grounds. Those qualities alone would put this B & B near the top of our extensive list. Yet, one more factor: the owner's care and concern takes this B & B to the top! Barb is caring, helpful, and knowledgeable. Barb shares her expertise about the area and her information is accurate, reliable, and right on target. We really have found a home away from home and are looking forward to returning! We live in Guam, and we're already looking forward to our third stay at the Inn.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed recently for a weekend to retreat and rest. Barbara couldn't have provided for a more unforgettable stay! From the 4 course homemade breakfasts to treats and snacks throughout the day to bathrobes and toiletries closet, every detail and possible comfort and need was thought of! The little details showed such thoughtfulness and will never be forgotten. The breakfasts were amazing- especially the homemade quiches and buttermilk pancakes. Amazing! We also loved our suite with king size bed, sitting area and jacuzzi tub. Barbara's dinner recommendation of McKinney & Doyle was a culinary delight. The Pawling Inn and its surroundings was a hidden gem and an experience we will definitely repeat!

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I just spent 3 nights at Pawling House. I had selected it as I wanted a quiet place to work and it seemed like a comfortable and easy place and had very high ratings. All of this was confirmed, and more. The house's location alongside a small stream is idyllic. The village of Pawling is a short walking distance and features some very good food options (The Dutch Oven Catering). Barbara is a delightful hostess, serves lovely homemade breakfasts and finds the right balance between warm hospitality and discretion. I will most definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to The Pawling House B&B? Share your experiences!