This property serves its primary function as a training facility for IBM and Chase. The people I met that were there for training were studying all the time. They are there to build their career, not to party. The hotel was constructed in the 80's. While the hotel isn't in bad shape it's starting to show its age. The room carpet is worn and the woodwork is beat up.
The sprawling nature of the property can be tedious if you are going in an out often. The parking is free and ample, the problem is it is over 100 yards from the front door and the closest rooms are another 100 yards from the lobby.
the property is quiet and is in a beautiful wooded setting
It's a reasonable distance to get to the city
the bed was VERY comfortable
The worst toilet you could imagine. It's a very old model, low boy, water efficient design. It clogs very easily. The hotel must be on to this as the TP they provide is like RV toilet paper.
The front desk staff was not that great. They are pleasant as long if you ask nothing of them.
I had 5 packages delivered to the hotel. None of them made it to me without me spending a great deal of time to retrieve them. They have no system in place which is absurd. the packages ended up in their shipping department, at the front desk or with the bell clerk. There was no standard policy in place. Every time I got a package, I was told it wasn't there and had to bring the online delivery confirmation on my laptop to have them make an honest effort to locate the package.
I called for engineering to unclog my toilet. No response for 5 hours. I found a maintenance cart and took the plunger to unclog it myself.
The maid service in the room was good when it was done. One day it was skipped. One day the towels were taken but not replaced and the room wasn't cleaned.
I ordered breakfast and got an omelet and two bagels. The service was prompt. The bagels were 3 inch, frozen style, mini bagels $4 @.
- Also Known As:
- Dolce Ibm Palisades Hotel
- Dolce Ibm Palisades Hotel Palisades
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 12 miles from the George Washington Bridge and 30 miles from five major New York and New Jersey airports in Palisades, NY, Dolce Palisades Hotel provides a relaxing and productive retreat near the bucolic Hudson River Valley. After a strategic planning session or a successful product launch, guests can unwind in our state-of-the-art fitness center, or enjoy cocktails in our restaurant and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Dolce IBM Palisades reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.