“Great little hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Corning Inn

Save Saved
You added Corning Inn to your Saves list
Corning Inn
255 South Hamilton St, Painted Post, NY 14870 (Formerly Corning/Painted Post Super 8)   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Painted Post
Tonawanda, New York
“Great little hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Passing through Corning on a Motorcycle trip. Found hotel on internet search and called 10 minutes before arrival. Man on phone was very pleasant and gave us a great rate for a last minute stay. Small continental breakfast in morning was a pleasant plus. Danish, cereal, coffee and juice. Everything was fresh. Check-in was fast and simple. Room was very clean and comfortable. Would stay again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Barrie,Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Corning Inn is definitely showing its age and is in need of a facelift. Décor is old and worn, but our room was very clean and served the purpose for an overnight stop. The gentleman at the front desk was friendly and we inspected the room before signing in with no problem.
The Breakfast buffet was basic but gave us a good start to the day.

If you don't mind a older property this an OK place to stay.

Room Tip: Inspect the room prior to signing in. They are old but very clean. Old décor and worn furniture but...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Staff is great, and most of the place was quite clean. And complimentary breakfast makes this a bargain. But I found broken pills across one bedspread. Staff was very polite and concerned when I reported these problems on my way out. (I was too tired to bother on arrival; slept in the other bed.) Signs show this property had been a Motel 6.
Bottom line: a good reminder that bedspreads may not be as clean as they appear.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I wrote the review on December 20, 2012 in which I noted that the halls were sometimes smokey. I just finished up a 25-day stay at the hotel and didn't notice any smoke in the halls this time. The hotel offers a really great rate is you're planning to stay for a week or more. I was in town to empty out a relative's hoarder house and the Corning Inn was my home while I did that. Staff is incredibly friendly and the breakfast was a great start to every day. Nope, it's not a super fancy place with a swimming pool. But it's just what I needed at the end of every long day...a comfortable place to unwind while watching some TV and surfing the Internet. Thanks for taking good care of me!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Central PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I want to begin this review by saying it is clear that the owners of the Corning Inn are really giving it their best shot. Customer service was awesome! We reserved a room for 2 nights, along with another couple, 6 months in advance. I called the week before to make sure everything was still set, and it was, with no problems. They even gave us a rate of $59 when they saw how far in advance we booked, and let us check in at 1 PM, which was a huge help to us and our schedule for the day. They are very nice people. If I were rating on services alone, it would be 5 stars all the way. The amenities are all there, but the property and rooms really are just "average." It is an old/former Super 8 that needed a lot of TLC, and it seems like the new owners have tried really hard to make it a nice, budget hotel. Do not come here expecting luxury, and you will not be disappointed! It seemed clean enough. Our room was tiny, but did have a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, hair dryer, and of course TV and free wifi. They have a small "breakfast room" where they have a bowl of bananas, a couple different cereals, milk, packets of instant oatmeal, danishes, small muffins, OJ, apple juice, coffee and toast. I was happy with the bed, although the other couple we were traveling with thought theirs was too hard. Water pressure was nice, and never had a problem with hot water. I'd say the only issue I had with the room was the bathroom sink--the water came out extremely close to the back of the sink. It was nearly impossible to get your hands under there. And then the sink filled up quickly and was slow to drain. Didn't have that problem in the shower though. Also our room was on the first floor, facing the parking lot, and the parking spots are literally about 3 feet from the exterior wall of those rooms. The first night, there were some very loud motorcycles that kept coming and going. Finally came back for the last time around 10 PM. Unfortunately, it also seemed like some of them were then staying in the room directly above us, as there were VERY heavy footsteps on the ceiling for about an hour afterwards. The other couple we were traveling with said it sounded like there was some WWF wrestling going on in the room above them. LOL. However, the second night was MUCH more peaceful. And somehow the room seemed cleaner the second day. haha. If I were rating it on the second day only, I might have bumped it up to a "very good." With all that being said, you really cannot complain about much when you're only paying $59/night. That's almost unheard of anymore. We were there for a Seneca Lake Wine Trail event, and I would have much preferred something a little nicer, and closer to the lake. But I also know we'll be paying about 3x as much to do that. But next time, I think I will splurge and do it anyway. I probably won't visit the Corning Inn for a relaxing weekend type thing again. But I would stay here again if I needed a place to sleep as cheap as possible. You probably won't find a nicer place at this price point. So again, bottom line of my review is: Don't expect luxury, and you won't be disappointed with the Corning Inn.

Room Tip: If I stayed again, I would ask for 2nd floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed one night at the Corning Inn. Yes, they are working on refurbishing the motel, but don't let that be a factor. It is about 10 minutes from downtown Corning, so very easy to get to. The check in was very easy and the staff recommended restaurants in the area, especially Jelly Beans (great for breakfast and dinner). The room rate was very reasonable and it was quiet at night (always a plus!). The room was good and the bathroom was up to date. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Corning Inn was just what I was looking for when I needed to visit the area to help my aging mother. I got a clean, inexpensive, non-smoking room with a descent bed and lots of cable channels to watch on TV and of course WiFi. In the morning, I had a choice of cereals, muffins and danish to choose from. Sometimes there were bananas too, but the early birds often cleaned them out. So the proprietor actually put more bananas out for me at 9 AM, so I could have some too. I was scheduled to be there for 5 days, but my trip was extended to 17 days and I stayed there every night. The owners were extremely kind and friendly, which was probably the best part of the entire stay. The only downside...at times the halls smelled smoky from smokers. But my room smelled fine inside, which is all I cared about. No, it's not a fancy hotel (I've stayed at some), but it's excellent for the price and it met my needs well, which was for a quiet, comfortable place to come back to at night.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Corning Inn? Share your experiences!