“This is a great example of a chain hotel doing a bit more.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post
Cleveland, Ohio
“This is a great example of a chain hotel doing a bit more.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I usually pick a HI hotel as a platinum member. I chose this one since we were visiting Corning which is about 3 miles away.

They offer complimentary snacks in the lobby in the evening which is nice after a long day of sightseeing.

The rooms have large flat screen TVs, microwaves and refrigerators. There are also DVD players and you can borrow a DVD from them to watch a movie. There is popcorn in the lobby too.

These are some of the extras they have.

The room was very clean throughout our stay and employees were friendly and helpful.

We will stay here again when in the area again.

• Stayed July 2014
Rosemary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand, we appreciate your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the snacks in the lobby and were able to watch a movie form our DVD library while snacking on popcorn in the evening.

I am glad that you found the staff to be helpful as they strive to make every guest experience a memorable one.

We look forward to seeing you on your future trips to the area.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Barrie, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We redeemed our IHG Rewards Points and spent one night here. It was right off the highway and behind a Denny's Restaurant. The room was very clean and cozy and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was a nice size and the shower had great water pressure. I can't really complain about the free breakfast but I would recommend for others to get down there before 9:00 am to have the freshest and hottest selection.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to the area. I am glad that you found your room to be to your liking and that the bed was comfortable. We get a lot of comments about the good water pressure in the hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed it.

I look forward to seeing you on any future visits to our town.

Williamstown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This Holiday Inn is newly remodeled and was very clean and comfortable. There was a Denny's restaurant beside it that had nice service and good food as well. Easy in and off the interstate. I recommend d this location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rosemary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our newly renovated rooms to be comfortable and the location to be convenient.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express in Painted Post was a real find. Check in was very efficient. Our room was very clean, quiet with a very comfortable bed. Around 5:00 PM, hotel staff put out some cheeses, veggies, salsa dip with chips, etc. Nice touch.

Breakfast in the morning was the standard HIE fare; no Eggs Benedict, but platy of good food to start your day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosemary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our evening snacks and that the breakfast in the morning was to your liking.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that your room was comfortable. I hope that you will stay with us again on any future trips you may take to our area.

River Edge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed at this location along I86E during a visit to Corning NY last week. We found the hotel to be perfectly fine, great location, with comfortable beds and bathroom. The variety of breakfast offerings to be just what we might expect, and the staff very welcoming. But, this HIE went above and beyond, in our opinion - they included an extensive late day snack 'happy hour', featuring cheese, grapes, crackers, beverages, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter cookies - all fresh and inviting. We were also told that they have a very extensive collection of DVD movies, if we would like to see any - just ask! Really very pleasant stay.
So, the question is, can this hotel be improved? Yes...in one way: there is no sign at the end of the driveway to indicate the entrance to the Holiday Inn Express. There is a driveway between Denny's and 7-11, in front of the Inn along the road. We passed this driveway thinking there was an entrance at the far end of the property, but there wasn't...so we turned around and tried the 'entrance' driveway, which brought us there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosemary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
I very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the rooms were to your liking. I am glad that you enjoyed our evening snack and DVD collection. It is our pleasure to provide these amenities for our guests.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the signage for the hotel, I am currently looking into some options to remedy this situation.

I look forward to seeing you again on any future trips through our area.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The hotel itself was very nice, clean room, great front desk staff but big rigs on the out my window highway woke me up three times. The continental breakfast was way more than a continental breakfast, Pre-maid omelets that while a little dry where tasty, warmed cinnamon buns, bacon, and even automatic make to order pancake machine. On the day I was their they also had an evening snack. The beast of which was this unappetizing looking mostly untouched delectable raspberry cheesecake brownie. Yum Yum. The front desk staff was very pleasant and extremely helpful. However the hotel has two problems. One it is between a Denny's and a 7-11, with its low to the ground sign way way back behind the 7-11. I drove right past it, if it wasn't for a GPS telling me it was so many hundred feet ahead and to turn around, I would have never found it on my own. It's other major downfall is it is literally next door neighbors to super highway I-86 and their is no real natural or man made sound barriers. I unfortunately ended up in room 227 which is one of the closest rooms to the highway (seemed like it was about 50 feet away from the gaurd-rail) Overnight I was woken up 3 times by big rigs on the highway. I didn't complain because I didn't feel like moving to another room. If it wasn't for that highway noise I would recommend it.

Room Tip: If you do go ask to be as far away from the highway as possible. I suspect the rooms on the opposite...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rosemary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the evening snack and the breakfast in the morning. I am also pleased that you found the front desk to be helpful and friendly. We strive to make every guest's stay a pleasant one. I apologize that the trucks woke you during the night. If you come back to stay with us again we can try and place your room on the side of the building away from the highway. We do also offer a Sweet Dreams program that provides earplugs, fans and a soothing noise machine for guests' use free of charge.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the signage, we are currently looking at some options to improve this for our guests. I hope that you will stay with us again on any future trips you take to our area.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed to visit the Corning Museum and the surrounding area. The Front Desk was both friendly and accommodating. Good breakfast bar-fresh fruit, the famous cinnamon buns, etc. The rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable. The hotel is an ideal place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosemary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed breakfast in the morning, especially the Cinnamon Buns which seem to be everyone's favorite. Thank you for your comments regarding the friendliness of the Front Desk staff, I have passed these comments on to them.

I hope that you will visit our area again in the future, maybe when the expansion to the Corning Museum is complete.

Thank you again for the great review.

General Manager 607-936-3344

Been to Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area? Share your experiences!