“This is a WHO**-Tel, NOT a hotel!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ozone Park
Columbia, South Carolina
“This is a WHO**-Tel, NOT a hotel!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is positively disgusting. I am surprised that Choice Privileges would even attach their names to such a place. The service was absolutely terrible. The night manager was very inexperienced. He initially told me that there were no rooms available, told me he would make room for me if i was with my child (he pointed to the leap pad in my arms) once i told him that it was me and my husband he proceeded to tell me there weren't any rooms all in one breath over a span of 5 minutes. I left out and sent my husband in and the guy gave us the room after. Our room was terrible, filthy from the last people and filthy in general. The staff weren't the typical friendly glad to see you people that we are accustomed to meeting in a choice privilege hotel. The breakfast area was dirty and scantly and there was hair inside of two of the cups. Our room smelled of advanced feet and the floors were weirdly damp. They didn't want to take my Choice Privilege info, refused to accept my credit card and insisted heavily on cash and repeatedly banged on our door requesting our info over and over again. Overall this was THE worst place to stay. And our family has stayed in Choice Hotels all over. The bottom of the barrel in so many ways and AGAIN I am completely surprised that they are part of Choice Privileges. I am STRONGLY dissatisfied and WILL NOT be recommending this derelict place to anyone else.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Erbil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I spent last night at this hotel whilst transiting through the US. It was $149.00 for the night. What a dump. The room was awful (you get a better room from Days Inn for $80). The bed sheets were so old and they had holes in them. The towels were also very old, worn and hard on the skin. Located next to a busy street I couldn't sleep. I was looking for a reasonably cheap hotel just to rest my head for the night but didn't expect something like this....especially for $149 with no breakfast and zero facilities. Guess it was a really bad fit. Never again. In their defense the staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Saratoga Springs, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

It was the only room available near JFK and we would have been better off staying in the airport all night. Do not stay here. Absolutely disgusting. I don't think my wife will ever forgive me for (in a pinch) taking her and our two year old here. If you're in a jam expand your search area.

Stayed February 2015
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

stay away from this hotel, especially Ali at the front desk. Ali is extremely unprofessional and cannot provide good service to guests. He is very rude indeed. i would never visit this hotel again ever.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

I've stayed in this hotel on my way to a Trip overseas, when I read some of the unfair and horrible comments. I was reluctant in the begging to stay over there, when I got there I haven't seen any of the scary stuff they comments about.
The staff were very friendly and very nice.
The rooms were clean, the bed were comfortable , bathrooms were cleaned and very well setup. I have seen a person cleaning the hotel's after midnight. I've never seen any unusual activities like were described .finally you get what you paid for it.
Please be fair when you write a review.

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This place should be burned to the ground as there is no possible way to get the smell of urine from its walls. The hotel looks as though it is used primarily as a place to close a deal with a prostitute. My wife and I had the unfortunate opportunity to stay here because our flight from JFK was cancelled and the rep from hotels.com could not find another hotel available in the area (many flights were cancelled due to bad weather). Thankfully, we were staying for only four hours as we had an early-morning flight from LGA. I would guess most people who come to this hotel stay for less time and for an entirely different reason. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE unless you have interest in catching some sort of horrible disease.

• Stayed July 2014
Barbados
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is not one of the best i did not book this hotel i was sent here because the hotel i book over sold and they said the this hotel is where i have to go and it offers the same stuff as them , when i got there i saw a different side to the story but i had no choice but to stay , the rooms are very poor the breakfast is junk and they are to many stairs , Allan at the front desk was very mannerly and helpful.

Stay here if you have no choice .

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room .