“Worth a stay comparing price and proximity” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ozone Park
Borgå
“Worth a stay comparing price and proximity”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at Econo Lodge for 1 night during a transfer my husband and I and we came to choose this hotel because of the location and price. All private accomodations in New York is very expensive and getting this hotel for 100 USD for 1 night for 2 persons was a bargain. Price and proximity to JFK were our main criterias. The check in was smooth and staff friendly. There was a vending machine in the lobby and an ATM. A kiosk and restaurant just a stone throw away. Our room was very sufficient for us. The bed was not the most comfortable but then again we paid double up for a hotel in Brooklyn and got the most uncomfortable bed ever. The suitability of each bed is personal and what I might find horrible is the best bed for the next... The bed though only had a sheet + the day cover, but no actual sleeping cover. Many people like to sleep with a thin sheet only.. The room had a sufficient A/C device, a television, a writing desk and clothes closet. I took a long shower in the bathroom and didn't find the bathroom insufficient at all. The breakfast was very thin. There was coffee, tea and some cereals. For the price and the proximity I recommend this hotel for short term accomodation. The taxi from JFK to Ozone Park on the evening of arrival was 17 USD and the car service ride (which probably was the receptionist's or hotel owner's friend) the next morning back to JFK was 20 USD. We found it a bit weird that instead of a taxi we got a private person giving us a ride but didn't find it suspect as in case of disagreement the driver could have been traced back to the hotel. It wasn't like we were hitchhiking..So to sum it all up. If you are not willing to pay much more than 100 USD/night for a stay, you can very well stay at Econo Lodge coz it's not bad at all. We noticed no mold or bed bugs which seems to be common in NYC hotels.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any special rooms as the hotel cannot brag with beautiful views or speci...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
raleigh, nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Was booked here by hotels.com after a flight cancelation. The reviews are true and had I had the opportunity to read them there is no way I would have stayed there. There is definitely activity of some sort going on all night with doors opening and closing. Additionally, when I asked them to call for a taxi to take me to the airport an unlicensed driver showed up. Fortunately he did not rip me off but it didn't provide me with a sense of security. I would hope that based on all the reviews hotels.com would take them out of their network.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
LI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I am a true NYC native so I am used to everything...From bomb scares to horns blowing at 2am. This hotel is the worse I ever seen. The beds are sooooo uncomfortable I could have slept on the subway and got better sleep. The bathroom dont get me started on that one..My wife had to fix the handle twice while she took her daily bowel movements. Gunshots are like a musical performance at night. The front desk was protected by pexi glass, can someone say have any robberies lately? Now the great free breakfast....best part was seeing it was enough to feed a crack induced woman who just got off her binge. Futhermore, they are painting and doing construction on the place. One more point before this horrid review is over, if you read this far congrats. THE FRONT DESK NEEDS ESL CLASS NOW!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

Please believe the review.
I had a terrible experience at This hotel.
Never ever go to this place with family or alone.
Dirty and filled with Noxious smell
Unclean sheets rooms and bathrooms
No Elevator...... Can U believe that
No Shuttle to airport
Poorest air conditioning ever
I did a terrible mistake not reviewing the reviews before.
Longest night for my family.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

A major concern is the copying of Mrs. Allen,s credit card and PASSPORT ????. These copies MUST BE DESTROYED. If any advantage is taken from this information to enter Mrs Allen's privacy the investigation will start at the hotel. When paying $140.00 one expects decent service and respect. Using towels etc. twice in a hotel is unheard of to me and a continental breakfast, in the rear entrance lobby, with no where to sit is nothing less than disgusting. The meal was cerial, choice of two, dry looking pastries not at all appetizing. In ending this review I must say that I have stayed in a Canadian Econo Lodge which was very nice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
syracuse
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

We booked two rooms at the Econo Lodge in Ozone Park over Columbus Day weekend. While checking in we were immediately concerned when we noticed that the check in desk was surrounded by a plexiglass barrier. If the workers don't feel safe well, how could we expect our safety. Out in the parking lot, the cleaning ladies argued with the manager that they weren't going in to a room that was located off the parking lot to clean it. It appeared that there was something terribly wrong in the room. With no other choice, we brought our bags up to our rooms to be greeted by a strong urine odor in the room. The window was wide open and the air on full blast but the odor out powered the motels attempt to get rid of it. We left immediately and prayed that our belongings would be there when we returned. We returned late that night to find a scarier neighborhood than we originally realized. There were no less than three different groups of people sitting in various cars in the lot.....none of whom were guests. We were nervous to get out of the car and equally afraid that our car would be gone in the am. In the middle of the night both of our rooms received four phone calls claiming to be the front desk asking personal information. ..such as if we were alone. Our peephole was filled with tissue so we couldnt even check to see if someone was standing outside of our door. It was clear from the nature of the calls that some type of prostitution was going on from with in the hotel. Morning came and my sister was greeted with a cockroach sitting on her toiletries. We checked out only to find that the room that the cleaning ladies refused to clean was still being cleaned ....throwing away bedding, etc... This was a terrible stay at the Econo Lodge....we are shocked at this franchise.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Lake Placid
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

It was a low-life, disgusting hotel. The whole cover for the light in the bathroom fell on my head. When I told the front desk, they said 'oh'. I asked for a taxi in the morning and they sent someone from their family and tried to get 35 dollars for a short ride to JFK airport. Their website is inaccurate, it's in a run-down, shabby neighborhood, some 'working' girls were making a lot of noise at 4 am--outside the hotel and then inside. NEVER stay here.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — disgusting
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!