“Not Impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Clifton Park, New York
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went there for lunch and the menu includes 2/3rds salads and they had not lettuce. That was hard to understand because the Bistro is only open for lunch to apparently no one checked the supplies for the next day. Service was inadequate and there weren't enough staff.

Johnson City, New York
“Plan all day for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I regret writing this review because the winery experience is very positive and they have amazing wine, which is why we decided to try their lunch. The best part of the lunch was the pleasant view their outdoor seating offered, but that is where it ends. We ordered two sandwich lunches, and it took AN HOUR to be served our food! Really?! I couldn't believe it...I was sure they lost our food ticket. When the food finally did arrive, it wasn't disappointing or poor tasting, but it wasn't anything over the top either. Price was what I expected eating at a bistro at a winery, slightly overpriced, but I expected to get what I paid for from the food. Nope...could've gone to TGIFridays and spent half the amount and enjoyed the food more.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Trumansburg, New York
“Overpriced for what is is”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Overpriced... also, we waited over an hour -- service was very slow. Sure, the view is great, but the food here was nothing special, hardly worth the steep price. Crème brulee for dessert came out COLD. Coffee was cold too.

The bistro needs a good chef here, and some organization.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clarence, New York
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Food was good - a bit on the small side for what I ordered, monk fish on a tiny salad, no bread offered, was hungry, but ordered desert which was AWESOME

Millbury, Massachusetts
“DEEEELICIOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Beautiful view on the covered deck. "Limited" menu- but only for the best, freshest quality. There is something for everyone. I had the southern fried chicken sandwich and only wish that I had about two more! The chicken was the perfect size- plump, juicy, delicious- not deep-fried and hard. The roll was perfect, the sauce was yummy... absolutely deeeelicious!

When we visit the Finger Lakes again, we'll be sure to visit this Bistro. It's a "Two-For"... stop at the winery and taste some wonderful wines (I highly recommend the winery, too)... and stop for a bite to eat to refuel!