“Very creative dishes excellent food quality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 87 Restaurants in Oswego
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a causal European style storefront bistro, specializing in comfort food with a flair. We pride ourselves in only using FRESH ingredients, available organic products, the best cuts of meat, and everything is made from scratch; every sauce, every dressing, every dessert. We use preservative-free food from its rawest form, and our seafood is wild-caught and additive-free. We have craft beers and a great selection of wine. We encourage a leisurely approach to eating, taking your time, eating in courses, and enjoying company and the conversation of family and friends. Come check us out and see what comfort food done right is all about.
Oswego, New York
“Very creative dishes excellent food quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was my first trip to the Bistro and I was very pleased with the quality and presentation of the food. I ordered the flat iron steak with black cheery and pomegranate glaze and it was absolutely packed with subtle flavors that just flowed together in a way that every flavor came through but it was not overpowering. I am not a squash eater but the seasonal vegetable mix had both zucchini and summer squash and I could not get enough of it. The seasoning and the way it was sautéd was amazing. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. It is a great date night location, perfect if you want to make a good impression.
While the service was good the waitress had zero personality and we got the clear idea she did not want to be a server but, she did her job.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best restaurant ive been to in oswego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The food is always cooked fresh. Salads are arranged beautiful and taste great. Excellent choices of wine. The waitress is super nice. I enjoy every visit.

• Visited June 2013
oswego
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Tiny place but food is well prepared-fresh! Diver scallops are best ever & the angry shrimp if you like spicey food!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
minetto , NY
“Best pasta dish in yown. Possible competition to chicken riggies.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

There is not another reasturant like this anywhere In Oswego. This place is a must for anyone looking for great food with fresh ingredience as well as recipes no one else makes. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. I have become a regular.

Visited June 2013
Cicero
“WOW WOW WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I brought my wife this Friday for our anniversary. We both got apps, my scallops were spectacular. My wife enjoyed her crab cakes so much that she forced herself to stop and take half home. She got a Rainbow Trout special stuffed with crab that was unbelievable. My Stuffed bone-in pork chops were amazing. Everything that we experienced made for a great night! The staff was very accommodating and knowledgeable. We can not speak highly enough about our experience. We now have a favorite restaurant. Not only in Oswego but in the entire Syracuse area!! GREAT PLACE FOR A DATE NIGHT!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bistro 197? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bistro 197, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.