“Beautiful Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Oswego
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Beautiful Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great hotel! We highly recommend it. It was so cozy and comfortable we felt right at home. Wonderful staff and accommodation too. I loved the decorations and I know my girlfriend who I was traveling with loved that as well. She loves chandeliers and the hotel was filled with them. The second floor rooms are amazing and even the standard rooms were more then i would have expected. A really nice addition to the quaint town of Oswego. Don't go anywhere else when looking for the perfect place to stay. Go to the beacon hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
East Amherst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My daughter and I spent a night at the Beacon Hotel in Oswego when we were there visiting/touring SUNY Oswego. Our guest room was clean, comfortable and tidy, the staff were warm and friendly and the hotel itself had character and charm! The price was right also! I prefer to stay at non-chain establishments when I travel.....makes me feel more at home! The continental breakfast was fresh and delightful and their coffee woke us up and hit the spot! We were given an excellent recommendation for dinner and tips on shopping/sightseeing! I will highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area!!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were in the city visiting family! What a pleasant surprise and well worth the visit. The rooms are very nicely decorated. This "boutique" hotel is a great addition to the city of Oswego. The location is in the center of the city right across the street from the Oswego hospital. The staff is very accommodating and makes you feel at home. Make it a point to stay on your next visit.

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had a one night stay in the queen fireplace room (decorative only in find print). The room was pleasant, the fireplace lovely if not functional, but the queen bed mattress and springs were long past needing to be replaced, It sagged, it creaked and moaned, and all we were trying to do was sleep in it. ;D It was a miserable sleeping experience, and for the price of the room, should not have been there. If not for the rotten bed, I would have given four stars for the historical decor, the location, microwave and fridge in the room, and the free wifi. I made due making my own fireplace mood by loading up a yule log video on my tablet and letting it run on the mantle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We wanted to like the Beacon Hotel in Oswego but sadly just didn't. The person who checked us in seemed harrled and distracted, maybe just one of those days. The breakfast consisted of grocery store granola bars and other prepackaged carbs. And..I must say I was annoyed by the heavy handed 'no smoking/no pets' overkill. I think in this day and age even we nonsmokers know you can't smoke in an hotel nor bring your pet unless the hotel is 'pet friendly' and a reminder is expected..but I was told when making the reservation, when checking in and we were made to sign a paper when we checked in and oh yes there was a sign. I travel extensively and this level of 'reminder' was a first. The Beacon Hotel was a welcoming nor charming hotel experience..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Flatwoods, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We travel to Oswego often to visit family and have stayed in several area hotels. Family members told us of this new "boutique" hotel and are we glad they did. This place is one of the best experiences we have had in Oswego, NY. It is the renovated Knights of Columbus building across from the Oswego Hospital and is the best thing to happen to the town of Oswego in years. Location is great, room was outstanding, staff was extremely accomodating, and the price was worth every penny. "I'll be back".

Room Tip: For the unique experience of staying in a new, clean and "home-style setting" in the city...