“Worst motel ever. Room was infested with giant japanese hornets. ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Orchard Park Inn

Orchard Park Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orchard Park
Orchard Park Inn
You added Orchard Park Inn to your Saves list
2268 Southwestern Blvd., Orchard Park, NY 14224   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Orchard Park
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Worst motel ever. Room was infested with giant japanese hornets. ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

This was by far the worst hotel experience of my life. I called every hotel from Rochester to Buffalo and they were all completely booked. A nice lady at one of the hotels in Buffalo told me that the Orchard Park Inn was the only place she knew of that had any vacancies. I was expecting a bad hotel but when I arrived at the Orchard Park Inn I was instantly blown away by how terrible the place was.

When we first walked into the room we noticed the terrible smell, the dirty floor, the mold everywhere and the smoke alarm sitting on a coat rack with it's battery sitting next to it. All bad signs.

Next we did a close inspections of the beds. All of the sheets were stained and one of the mattresses was cover in a stain that looked a lot like blood. Once again bad signs. We decided to stick it out and grabbed a couple of blankets from the car to cover the beds.

We decided it was best to leave the lights on, mostly to scare away the bugs we figured would be out scurrying around, this was a bad call. About 15 minutes after we laid down I woke to my buddy screaming. He was screaming because there was a 2 inch long hornet flying around the light between our beds. After a lengthy battle I managed to kill the hornet. I then cut off the light between the beds and cut on the bathroom light.

Once we were able to calm back down it was time to go back to sleep. This time I got to sleep for a good 20 minutes before all power in the room went out including the extremely loud little window air conditioning unit. The power flickered on and off for about five minutes then finally cut back on for good.

I was just about to fall back to sleep when I heard some more buzzing in the bathroom. I opened my eyes to see two more of the giant hornets flying around the bathroom light. I quickly jumped up and closed the bathroom door. As I did this my buddy asked me if I heard any buzzing coming from the AC unit. He walked over to the unit just as another hornet came flying out of it.

This was enough and we quickly gathered our belongings and left the room. From the time we first walked into the room to the time we left was right around two hours.

We went to the front office where I informed the manager that there were giant hornets in out room. She replied "just in the bathroom" a statement not a question. This gave me the feeling that she knew about them and gave us the room anyway. To top it all off she refused to give a refund for the room.

Under no circumstances should anyone ever stay at this motel. I honestly believe that you are risking your life by doing so.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Admittedly I've stayed in worse places, but not much worse. The place is dirty, the room is in disrepair. For example, the bathroom door won't close, the bathroom mirror has a vertical fluorescent light fixture on both sides of the mirror but only one fixture has a bulb. The dressing area has the same thing, a mirror with two light fixtures but only one bulb. I could go on but I'll just say that at $75 a night I feel robbed.

• Stayed August 2014

Travelers are raving about these Orchard Park hotels

Hamburg, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I agree with the "Smartshopper 57" review. They continue to offer the cheaper, longer stay rooms via the Buffalo News but when you go there they state they do not currently have vacancies. I am helping a friend and paid for him to stay there, stopping by regularly to check on him. He stayed there for 11 days. There appear to be people living there long term...The management should take the ad out of the newspaper. Also, stated one price and went up by $20.00. The room was NOT cleaned after the departure of the previous guest. Cigarette butts on the bathroom and kitchenette floor, mold in the toilet, tub does not drain properly during a shower, all surfaces in the kitchenette were sticky. The bed smelled and linens did not appear clean. Disgusting dirty lamp shade and writing on the wall. TV cable is "pirated" as you only get certain channels and the TV is old, picture looks blue. Trip Advisor should not support this motel!! If you are a respectful and decent motel owner the least you can do is make sure the rooms are clean before charging people to stay there.

Room Tip: Nothing about this establishment is good. Don't waste your money. Don't drive under the &q...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
West Seneca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

These curry smelling people offer up a cheap room via the Buffalo News. Call them and all bets are off. NO ROOMS AVAILABLE!!! Side bar, there is no one here. I live a stone's throw away and I've put people up in this place. Price increases from $550.00 per month to over $750.00.

Absolute crap.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ne Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was looking for a cheap room and didn't look up any reviews (my fault). Holy crap, this place is awful! Its the kind of 1 story motel where people go when they are down on their luck. Reallu down. I tried to call and cancel as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, but was told they had a 24 hour cancellation notice. So I had to go through the charade of checking in and when we got to the room...it was about 10xs worse than the outside. Bugs, mildew and the whole room smelled. I went right back to the front desk and told them the room was unacceptable and was refunded with no questions asked. Sleep in your car before you stay here.

The real kicker for me was a sticker on the front door of the motel that said "Trip Advisor Approved 2012". What a crock.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamestown, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I didn't realize it when I looked at the reviews that they were from 2003 and 2004. Here it is 2011 and the place is now a dump. They tout themselves as a "no-frills" establishment. Well they sure are right. The only "frills" we got were BEDBUGS!!! The place was filthy. There were long dark hairs betwen the sheets. The bathroom was full of mildew. The airconditioner rattled all night and without it on, the room just stunk. We didn't check in until after 9 pm and we were exhausted from a 10 hour drive. I should've thought twice when I saw the sign behind the desk that stated that they do not give refunds. I was too tired to fight them and too poor to go elsewhere. Upon morning light, we laughed that ours was the only room in a line of 6 rooms that actually had a screen door that was still attached. There wasn't even a toilet paper holder in the bathroom. The roll just sat on the toilet tank. This was definately NOT a $70 room. What a crappy place.
Do not stay here. Call one of the nice chain hotels over near the airport and drive a few extra miles.

Room Tip: Call someplace else.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2004

It's a nice place to stay, good location, and the people are very friendly and helpful.

Been to Orchard Park Inn? Share your experiences!