“Terrible food” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner
Valley Cottage, New York
“Terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Came in for breakfast, and found that most of the owners and wait staff were Greek, so I expected some good diner food. Boy was I wrong. My home fries were burnt and reaked of vingear, and somehow they managed to make my omelette cold and tasteless. Extremely disappointing.

Hartsdale, New York
“Very Good Food & Massive Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and myself went here on New Years day and they had a holiday special menu, in addition to their massive regular menu. We decided on the holiday specials which included soup and desert. I had the Flat Iron Steak, and my wife had the Chicken Marsala. They were both delicious, as was the sides. We've eaten here numerous times in the past and were never disappointed. They also have two other locations. One in Yorktown Heights which we also go to whenever we're up in that area. The other location, we've never been to and to be honest I forgot we're it is. All in all, the food is consistently good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Bad Service & Over Priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Cool looking decor but the carpeting is so dirty your eyes are taken away from it. Overpriced for a diner $11.25 for a tuna melt! I literally had twelve French fries on my plate. The coleslaw and sandwich was good but a small portion for the price. Plenty of other great diners in the surrounding area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Just North of NYC
“Good diner food....Bad service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Yes. Good diner food. Though the special breakfast menu is hard to read...looks like the printer ran out of ink... But the service was awful. We were 3. first the busboy brought 2 waters.... then vanished, never to be seen again. Waiter to 15 minutes to get our drink order... We orderd 3 coffees and one Coke. Two coffees showed up... 5 minutes later, the other coffee showed up with the coke....BUT, when it comes down to it. Maybe it was just a bad day for them. The food was good.

• Visited November 2012