“Delicious Italian Food - Lovely Patio Seating” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Fresco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Orangeburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 303
Houston, Texas
“Delicious Italian Food - Lovely Patio Seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had a lovely July evening meal on the Patio with a couple of coworks on the reccommendation of our client nearby. They had a varied wine list - I seem to recall a bottle of Pinot that was delicious. I had the tomatoes and mozarella, though they were a bit heavy handed with the balsamic cream. Next was angel hair with mozzarella in a tomato sauce which was not bad. there was a special strawberry dessert which was to die for. it was a great meal, and average service.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“Unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

First of all, let me start by saying that we have dined at Il Fresco many times as the food is very good and the decor delightful. However, my last experience there will be my LAST bc it was the single most horrible experience we have ever had at ANY restaurant. We were seated on a Saturday night with NO reservation. However, they did us no favors... there were more than plenty of emtpy seats on the patio available at the time they sat us. We placed our order immediately and within 10 minutes were served our appetizers AND salad. Then the waiting began. As other tables were sat after us we watched them order, receive their apps and entrees as we still waited for ours. After we received our entrees after 1 1/2 hours later (after app and salad course) we asked for our check and then placed our first complaint of the wait for our food. The waiter was extremely apologetic and he said he would talk to management to see what could be done. The waiter came back and told us that the manager didnt think anything was handled wrong and told us there was nothing they could do. He said that if we wanted to talk to the manager I was welcome to do so. We were not looking for any freebies... all we wanted was acknowledgment that 1 1/2 hours is unacceptable to wait, while others who were sat after you AND ordered the same number of courses as you, were served first. I took the waiter up on his suggestion and went inside and asked for the manager. When I asked for the manager I was rudely welcomed by the owners sister telling me she could handle my problem. I spoke to her calmly and was told that this was not the Olive Garden and here we had to wait for our food. I explained that I didnt want anything for free but did want them to own that 1 1/2 hour wait for a chicken dish and pasta for two people is unacceptable. They raised their voices, created a scene and I told them we would never dine at their establishment again. I was literally chased out of the restaurant and they proceeded to tell my husband that I used foul language and that he needed to "control his wife".... even more insulting. I do not except freebies for anything and regrettably have spent a lot of money at this restaurant over the years. All we wanted was an acknowledgment of the long food wait... I will not go back bc I choose not to be treated this way as a customer. Very unprofessional. I suggest they take a look in the mirror and know that the customer is ALWAYS right.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New City, New York
“Authentic Italian Ristorante Pretender!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

While the rustic setting is appealing the food and service leaves much to be desired; we ordered chicken florentine which was over-cooked/dried-out and was "swimming" in a sauce which we asked to be poured off our plates (the sauce had not been properly finished and the liquor was floating on the top). On an earlier visit our pasta was over sauced, I guess the cooks never learned that in Italian cooking the sauce for pasta is secondary to the pasta - at Frescos the pasta is added to a bowl of sauce, rather than sauce served over the pasta. Our waiter was loud, talked incessantly,while he may have meant well, it was annoying to have him constantly chattering about our menu selections and Inquiring if we were enjoying our dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Marshall, Minnesota
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went here for an evening meal with some business colleagues. All of our food was good, the atmosphere was nice, and the service was good. I thought the prices were a little on the expensive side but I admit I am somewhat conservative when I choose places to eat.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“My Single WORST Restaurant experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I waited 1 1/2 hours for our entree after we placed order with the server. The server was very apologetic. However, when we spoke to the manager (we could not leave without saying something), we were treated extremely rudely. The woman who apparently is the owner's sister got in our face and told us we should be grateful that she sat us on a Saturday night!

We will never go back to this restaurant. It is run extremely unprofessionally.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere