“Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Orangeburg
Monroe
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel was clean and comfortable and very convenient for a business trip. My only complaint is a very loud air handling system in the hall ceiling right outside my door. I got used to it, but it took some time and kept me up later than planned.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
LCrouch, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Carl C,

Thank you for your favorable review and constructive comment.
The issue regarding the handling system is being addressed, and
currently are in the process of new install.
Your compliments regarding our hotel being clean and comfortable
are much appreciated!

We look forward to your return with us!

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Longmont CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

After seeing all the reviews warning about the train noise (I hear everything, you sneeze down the hall and sadly I'll hear it), made me think twice about staying here. It was just too convenient to the shop I'm working at so I figured I'd give it a try. I asked for a quiet room where I might not hear the trains and was put on the far side of the building. I hear nothing, and having a ac/heater where you can turn on constant air is a plus for white noise.

Room is in order, everything works well. Lots of HD channels, power strip with USB is a plus. Cookies every night (rare for a HI), a bar with a great selection of drafts beyond the normal. The barkeep last night actually took time to dump all the lines and wouldn't serve us until the air was under control on the drafts. Well done!

If you're really freaked out about the trains, just ask them to put you on the far side. I've already let them know it works and they'll have it figured out. If you aren't happy, ask for help. I'm so tired of reviews from folks who clearly don't step up. I do 175+ nights a year and if I'm not happy, I go straight to the management who ALWAYS clear it up.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
LCrouch, Manager at Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear FredGarvin666,

We at the Holiday Inn, Orangeburg are very pleased to hear such positive comments about your stay at our hotel!
From the many HD channels, to the fresh baked cookies, and yes the wide selection of the latest craft beers.
We look forward to your staying with us again, during your next return to the area!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We came up from Nashville for the Superbowl!
Everyone was so polite and helpful- The hotel was much nicer than we expected and the bar/restaurant even better-
Our flight cancelled due to snow so we made another night of it-
Had an amazing dinner( and yummy homemade chicken soup) by The Chef there. Chris at the bar knew his menu, specials and wine, loved it!!
Every staff member we came in contact with was super warm and friendly.
Hat's off to Daisy, Jenna, Brian, Chris & "The Chef" for making our extended time wonderful despite the weather! Lorrie was also great & has a superb experience there- XOXO

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

From first contact/organization to check out, service was SUPERB. Dee (our catering person), the Front Desk and restaurant teams catered to our every wish and stayed flexible with our shifting needs. Temps were hard to control in meeting and guest rooms, but otherwise, A++ for everyone and everything. The entire HI Team went above and beyond on every detail (even impromptu) to ensure our meeting was well facilitated and our team was well cared for. Even our most particular team members were pleased and that's not an easy feat. Many thanks to all the HI Staff for a great event and I would HIGHLY recommend having meetings/parties here. You'll have a GREAT experience!

Room Tip: Check ability to control temperatures; it was the only things our team mentioned as a challenge.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed in Nov 2013 over Thanksgiving. The hotel is a bit dated, but is well kept and overall was quite comfortable. I think I was in the new wing, had to walk quite a bit to the elevators from the front desk, but well worth it. I was upgraded to a suite, which is set up as one enormous room, with a living room section (i.e. couches, coffee table, and extra TV) and the bedroom set up near the window.

Breakfast was standard, with name brand cereals, yogurt, etc. and very nice. The staff ensure that everything is replenished quickly and clear tables as people leave. I had a free drink coupon for the bar so tried that out one night, which was fun. Bartenders were super friendly and quick with your order.

Overall, the property is nice but dated but the rooms are clean, quiet (the hotel was half empty when I was there though), and the staff is wonderful. The pool was outdoors and closed during my stay so didn't have a chance to try it out. I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Middletown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Wonderful staff and decent food. I live an hour away and sometimes need a place to stay when visiting my mother and I opted try them

The kids had a fun time and the rooms where nice I just wish the fitness room had more to offer

Room Tip: I'd try to stay on the 1st floor it's a lot quieter than you may think good size rooms and e...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

HI's seem to be a mixed bag. You don't know what you'll get until you get there. This particular Holiday Inn certainly exceeded my expectations from the moment I arrived. Even though it was late into the evening, the two front desk staff members welcomed me with bright smiles and a hearty hello. I was unexpectedly upgraded too. The room was huge and with 2 flat-screen TV's. The bathroom was large, clean and modern. The shower had 4 heads covering all sides. Nice touch. Nice firm mattress. Room also had frig, microwave, plenty of closets and perhaps 1/2 dozen light fixtures. Usually you get 2 or 3 and the room is too dark. Not here. You get a morning paper to boot.The facility has been maintained and enhanced overtime. Small yet complete fitness center; decent complimentary breakfast (weekdays). Even has a washer & dryer for guests. Bar & restaurant on site. Morning desk crew (and janitorial staff) were just as upbeat as the evening staff. Nice job HI of Orangeburg, NY.

Room Tip: Newer back wing has large, quieter rooms I believe.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen? Share your experiences!