“Nice Place Loved the Staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Orangeburg
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice Place Loved the Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We came up from Nashville for the Superbowl!
Everyone was so polite and helpful- The hotel was much nicer than we expected and the bar/restaurant even better-
Our flight cancelled due to snow so we made another night of it-
Had an amazing dinner( and yummy homemade chicken soup) by The Chef there. Chris at the bar knew his menu, specials and wine, loved it!!
Every staff member we came in contact with was super warm and friendly.
Hat's off to Daisy, Jenna, Brian, Chris & "The Chef" for making our extended time wonderful despite the weather! Lorrie was also great & has a superb experience there- XOXO

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

From first contact/organization to check out, service was SUPERB. Dee (our catering person), the Front Desk and restaurant teams catered to our every wish and stayed flexible with our shifting needs. Temps were hard to control in meeting and guest rooms, but otherwise, A++ for everyone and everything. The entire HI Team went above and beyond on every detail (even impromptu) to ensure our meeting was well facilitated and our team was well cared for. Even our most particular team members were pleased and that's not an easy feat. Many thanks to all the HI Staff for a great event and I would HIGHLY recommend having meetings/parties here. You'll have a GREAT experience!

Room Tip: Check ability to control temperatures; it was the only things our team mentioned as a challenge.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed in Nov 2013 over Thanksgiving. The hotel is a bit dated, but is well kept and overall was quite comfortable. I think I was in the new wing, had to walk quite a bit to the elevators from the front desk, but well worth it. I was upgraded to a suite, which is set up as one enormous room, with a living room section (i.e. couches, coffee table, and extra TV) and the bedroom set up near the window.

Breakfast was standard, with name brand cereals, yogurt, etc. and very nice. The staff ensure that everything is replenished quickly and clear tables as people leave. I had a free drink coupon for the bar so tried that out one night, which was fun. Bartenders were super friendly and quick with your order.

Overall, the property is nice but dated but the rooms are clean, quiet (the hotel was half empty when I was there though), and the staff is wonderful. The pool was outdoors and closed during my stay so didn't have a chance to try it out. I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Middletown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Wonderful staff and decent food. I live an hour away and sometimes need a place to stay when visiting my mother and I opted try them

The kids had a fun time and the rooms where nice I just wish the fitness room had more to offer

Room Tip: I'd try to stay on the 1st floor it's a lot quieter than you may think good size rooms and e...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

HI's seem to be a mixed bag. You don't know what you'll get until you get there. This particular Holiday Inn certainly exceeded my expectations from the moment I arrived. Even though it was late into the evening, the two front desk staff members welcomed me with bright smiles and a hearty hello. I was unexpectedly upgraded too. The room was huge and with 2 flat-screen TV's. The bathroom was large, clean and modern. The shower had 4 heads covering all sides. Nice touch. Nice firm mattress. Room also had frig, microwave, plenty of closets and perhaps 1/2 dozen light fixtures. Usually you get 2 or 3 and the room is too dark. Not here. You get a morning paper to boot.The facility has been maintained and enhanced overtime. Small yet complete fitness center; decent complimentary breakfast (weekdays). Even has a washer & dryer for guests. Bar & restaurant on site. Morning desk crew (and janitorial staff) were just as upbeat as the evening staff. Nice job HI of Orangeburg, NY.

Room Tip: Newer back wing has large, quieter rooms I believe.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Santa Monica, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The room I initially was given seemed very small and dark compared to what I had seen in pictures on website. Based on reviews read here and elsewhere I asked for a newer room in the new wing. When I got to my room .. as I said it seemed drak and small. I called the front desk and asked for another room. It was not a problem at all and I was very happy when I saw what a mere $10 more a night could get me! It was a long day of traveling and un - packing .. now Im trying to settle in and I notice that the dang AC unit isnt working right and dang is it loud when it kicks off and on .. the "fan on" button I usually always use as my whitenoise machine didnt work. I called front desk - they sent maintainence right away. I was told I could move to another room - that the fan just wasnt working right. It was late. I was tired. I said never mind. My bad ... the AC going off and on drove me nuts. Next morning I head to front desk and meet Jenna!!! She called Johnathon right away and guess what he did??? . .. with in an hour I had a brand new AC unit in my lovely room!! Next three nights I slept like a baby! Other reviews mentioned the noise of the train. Yes its there ... cant really help it. But Im one of those odd folks who actually likes the distant sound of a train. When my AC fan was running as my wonderful white noise .. I heard the train far off and it lulled me to sleep! Over all hotel was very very clean. Good breakfasts in the AM. I was pleasantly surprised that there was a washer and dryer on site and for $1.50 ... I got soap and did a load of laundry! I will be back as my husband is doing business in area !! Jenna and Johnathon were GREAT!!!!

Room Tip: Based on reviews I read .. I only wanted to stay in the newer wing. I asked for a room there when I...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I'm a priority club elite member and travel often. This is a very clean hotel and I would stay again. Free breakfast buffet is very good and diner in the restaurant was good for dinner. I stayed in room 7306 and the room was big, very clean and had everything. Great property.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen? Share your experiences!