“Great pet friendly hotel close to baseball hall of fame” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Boyds, Maryland
“Great pet friendly hotel close to baseball hall of fame”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was better than expected! Although it was pet friendly, it was very clean. Pool and restaurant were great amenities. The food was good and they even offer room service. The hotel us right off main highway and very convenient to baseball hall of fame.

• Stayed June 2013
OneontaHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We appreciate your review of the Holiday Inn Oneonta. We are proud to be a pet-friendly hotel, it enables us to provide our guests the ability to bring all of their family members along for travels. We strive to provide our guests with customer service that exceeds their expectations and are happy when our staff is able to do so.

Holiday Inn Oneonta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Booked this hotel, as our usual had no vacancies, since it was move in weekend. When we arrived, we were told there were only double beds available. they said in the future, we could possible get a Queen size or king, but those rooms would be at least $30 more. They told us our room was on the second floor, but there was NO ELEVATOR, and no available rooms on the first floor! I told them that i have knee problems and stairs are something i cannot do, and why didnt they tell me over the phone, when i booked the room, that the hotel had no elevator. They said, "well you could have asked". I said that generally in HOTELS there are elevators, and I would not have thought to ask that question, as this was not a motor inn! The clerk, realized her error and said, yes , no one would think to ask that question. It really is THEIR responsibility to inform future customers of the nuances of their establishment. So, no elevator, double beds, very low stream shower head, the digital tv was constantly freezing up. In addition, although it is located within the town of Oneonta, it is far from SUNY Oneonta. It is way past the Wallmart shopping area. Other choices in Oneonta are better for the price. For $180 a night, you should get more.

Room Tip: some of the rooms should have some nicer views. We had a wall view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, it is always helpful for our staff to know where we need to improve with our customer service. Please be assured that we take all reviews seriously and we will take steps to ensure what caused you to have a less than positive experience will not be repeated.

Mission Viejo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our room had an overpowering mold smell and you could actually see mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. Additionally, two days in a row, after housekeeping came to service the room, they didn't leave ANY towels! Then, on our third day, we didn't even get housekeeping service at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

OneontaHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your experience at the Holiday Inn Oneonta. I appreciate your comments so we can improve in the areas you felt were not up to what our standards and expectations are for our guests.

Watertown, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here Aug. 7 & 8 (we were returning home from a trip to Niagara falls and stopped to see the Baseball Hall of Fame). Ray at the front desk, (who was friendly and very helpful during our stay) told me if I needed someone to get my massive suitcase (I'm a classic over packer) to the 2nd floor, they would take care of it, but it really wasn't a problem. Our room, (king with Jacuzzi) was spacious, very clean, and the bed was very comfortable.

We didn't eat at the hotel but I did stop into to the pub. They have a good selection of local beers, and Ivan, (the bartender) can describe them in depth (loved the Ommegang Witte). The FREE 24hr coffee & tea bar is a nice touch (they even have honey for the tea). The only thing they seemed to run out of was real creamer, but there was always powered as backup (shudder). Oh, and all of our lids fit.

The staff here is very knowledgeable about the area, and we learned there is a lot to do and see around Oneonta (besides baseball). When we return to the area, (and we will) we will be staying at the Holiday Inn. Thanks for a great stay guys!

By the way, the place was full of little leaguers, (big tournament in Cooperstown) but other than seeing them in the parking lot and hallways, we would have never known they were there (it was quiet). kudos to all the parents!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
OneontaHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your glowing review of the Holiday Inn Oneonta. We strive to provide the best possible customer service and are glad to hear that we succeeded during your visit. Please think of us the next time you are passing through.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Not a bad place to stay when visiting Cooperstown. The setting is quiet, all of the staff were friendly and the room was clean. The corridors, however, were sad looking and a bottle top was on the floor for the duration of our stay. The pub was friendly and relaxing, but the wine my wife ordered was just terrible (not fussy but prefer wine that comes in corked bottles).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
OneontaHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make each guest feel at home while they are staying with us. Thank you for your comments about the wine, I will look into what other options we may have. Please think of us when you are in our area again.

Nassau, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

In our case, it broke it. It takes a lot for me to write a negative review here, this may only be my second or third, but it has to be done. We were able to check in a little early, a plus. Upon entering I found the room to be clean enough, once I killed the 2 large spiders. We went to plug in a few necessities and found that somehow, the outlets are larger than your standard plugs. I don't know how or why, but our plugs literally fell out of every outlet we tried. We noticed that the plugs on the lamps were plugged into a wall strip that was plugged into the outlet, but they were full and out of the way. When I mentioned it to others on the team, they said the same thing. Bizarre! Our shower was either hot or cold, very hard to find the "warm" on the dial. Turn it a centimeter one way it was too hot, the other way, cold. Also, no fan in the bathroom so get ready to use your blow dryer to look in the mirror! Our team set up a BBQ that the hotel offers, BIG waste. They offer 3 packages, we chose the middle one for $15 a head. It offered several options, one being Chicken or Ribs. We opted for the Ribs. Turned out they "weren't able to provide us with them", so they gave us Pulled Pork instead. Nobody was notified of this until it was questioned. When they realized we were disappointed, suddenly they showed up with a tray of ribs and the chicken (frozen grilled chicken breasts from the wholesale store that they dumped a gallon of BBQ sauce on, and stuck it in the oven). The ribs that they somehow didn't have, then were able to bring out in less time that it actually takes to cook them, were actually tasty. The "fresh corn" that they list on the menu was so bad, it had freezer burn and felt like that wax fruit your grandmother used to display. Upon holding it I told the man setting up that it was unacceptable and he had to take it back and bring more. When he took it he looked so embarrassed and said he had no idea it was like that. Basically the food was cold, bad and it was just a bummer. We had planned this for our whole team. Took the boys out of their barracks for it, they would have had a better meal of chicken nuggets back at the field. Another night, we planned to take dinner in from a local restaurant. We arranged with Tiffane, the banquet person to have a conference room, which she said would be no problem, they would even provide us with all the plates and plastic silverware. Surprise!! We got the food back to the conference room, no plates, silverware, napkins. Nothing. We asked at the front desk no less than 4 times before a man who worked there said he would give it to us but needed to know who promised it. The next morning, we had a very early game. Breakfast didn't start until 7 and we had to leave by 6:30 so I told my husband I'd get us some coffee from the lobby and we could drink it on the way. No regular coffee. So I poured us some decaf and went to cover them; guess what? The lids were too small for the cups. Had to drive to the game with an open cup and hope I didn't spill the coffee on the way. Talked about that with some team mate parents, one of the young girls was told by a desk rep "We're just tricking you sweetie" and left it at that. Another parent mentioned it and was brought out 1 lid that fit. You would think that after being informed, they would bring out enough lids to fit the cups. My husband and I went into the restaurant one night to have dinner, only 1 other couple (who happened to be on our team) was in there with their son, so there were 5 of us total. We gave our order, got caught up talking and an hour later, the hostess asked us if we were still waiting for our meals and what we ordered. Just burgers! She explained that they have 2 cooks. 1 went home early and they called the other one to come in and cover. She told us that our burgers were on the grill though. 45 minutes later, my husband and I decided to just get out because we couldn't wait any longer. The other family followed shortly after. 2 hours wasted and the dinner never even arrived. What a disgrace. We should have been told right from the start what the situation was. You don't wait an hour before explaining and then another 45 minutes after that still nothing! Free breakfast buffet was adequate. Your typical powdered eggs and bacon, potatoes etc.
It pains me that I spent about $1200 to stay here and that is at a group rate!! DO NOT under ANY circumstances pay the full price! I could have stayed at the Marriott Courtyard up the road for free using my points and I'm sure it would have been much better. If it wasn't that the rest of the team stayed here, and we wanted to be part of the group. My mistake, I'll have to eat this one.
Yes, the staff was nice and the housekeeping was good. Like I said, it's just the little things that annoy you enough to ruin a stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mmatoltsy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
So sorry things were so bad for you. We sincerely apologize about all of the issues surrounding your BBQ set up. I believe that the staff over committed based on other BBQ booking and were not able to recover. I was glad that Tifanne did compensate you but obviously we fell short in many ways during your stay and again, we truly apologize. We have made several adjustments as to how we handle these events going forward to avoid a reoccurrence of what you experienced.
I was glad that at least you did enjoy very good housekeeping service however during was not a very good stay.
Thank you for your comments.
Eaton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

It's a great place to sleep because it sets on a quiet piece of property off the highway. You can open your window and enjoy the breeze without all the road noise. Overall the people that work here are the best employees a Holiday Inn could want. Super nice and always happy.

• Stayed July 2013
OneontaHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your review! It is great to hear that our staff has provided you with excellent customer service. We strive to exceed our guests expectations. We hope you think of us whenever you are staying in our area.

Catering Sales Manager
Holiday Inn Oneonta

Been to Holiday Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!