“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Rome, New York
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night. It was a very enjoyable stay for us. The hotel was conveniently located just a minute drive to downtown Oneonta. The lobby was large and the receptionist was friendly and very efficient. She had our keys ready as soon as we checked in and in less than 3 minutes we were in our comfortable room. The room was large and very clean. Our one and only issue (although it is not really an issue, just more of a personal preference) was the bed was quite soft as were the pillows. We just prefer a bit firmer mattress, but it was still comfortable. Despite several rooms around us being booked, the hotel was quiet.The hotel pool and jacuzzi were clean and enjoyable. There is also a fitness center, but we did not use it during our stay. We used a popular travel site and got a great rate, but would stay here again whether we get a discount or not. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear EternalStudents81,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your evening at our property. We take pride in having a friendly, helpful and efficient front desk staff. We hope to see you again when in the area.

Ashley Camarata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bluemont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have stayed here several times in route to Vermont where I collect my daughter. It is a great lay over spot. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very nice. I will definitely stay here again. On every occasion when staying here the staff has been courteous and the rooms quite and comfortable. You won't beat the overall experience anywhere along the Rte 88 corridor that's for sure .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Albert E,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your evening at our property. We take pride in having a friendly staff. We appreciate your loyalty as a guest and look forward to your next stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

easy and convenient to get to and also to get to restaurants and colleges. Helpful staff and very attentive to your needs. Would recommend to anyone.we went as a family(college tour) visit. fresh cookies when you arrive, coffee/tea in lobby all the time. Friendly staff when you arrive/depart. room had microwave, refrig/coffe maker.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear denisesg2014,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your evening at our property. We take pride in having a friendly staff. We are glad you enjoyed our complimentary cookies at check in along with our 24/7 coffee bar. We hope you stay with us again!

Dexter, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have stayed here for ten years going back and forth to Florida. We always stay with Hampton when possible. This hotel is the best Hampton we have ever stayed at. The whole hotel is spotless. The staff is very friendly and takes an the interests of their guests. We rate this hotel number one in our book and recommend that you stay there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John L,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My pleasure to stay overnight on a Sunday. Purpose tour Hartwick college in the morning. Location-easily accessible off the highway. Plenty of parking spaces. Check in was quick and friendly. Cookies and hot beverages most welcomed after a long drive. Room was immaculate. Furnishings new. Television and wifi perfect. Front desk called to confirm that all was good in our room. We selected a suite with 2 queens and a separate king bedroom. Spacious, and nicely appointed. I have stayed at many hotels all over the world and I have to tell you that I could not have been happier with our hotel Dined at Jay's as per suggested. Excellent meal. Pool was clean as was dining area. And fitness center. Immaculate hotel. All staff contributing to the cleanliness. . Looking forward to tomorrow's breakfast before we depart. # 1 choice in Oneonta area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear sueZcue,

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Pretty nice, well-maintained hotel. Everything clean, everything works. Decent breakfast, but not bacon! Well I guess I healthier for the fact that is was absent. All you can ask for at AAA rate of 90 bucks.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Bronxtravel,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your comfortable and quiet room along with our On-The-House Breakfast, featuring our newly enhanced breakfast items. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. We hope you will stay with us again.

coda31
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I met friends and stayed in a suite. This is a great place to stay. The staff is friendly, rooms immaculate. Quiet and classy. Great breakfast buffet. I would definitely stay here again. The breakfast buffet was varied and fresh, and we got there at the end.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Coda31,

Ashley Camarata

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!