“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Commack, NY
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! Very clean and fresh smelling. Breakfast was really good. Loved the breakfast staff! They were very attentive and helpful. Front desk clerk cheerfully gave us a later check-out, which was really helpful. Great location - we were visiting SUNY Oneonta. We will definitely come back again and highly recommend it to friends!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear ancdani,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad you enjoyed our comfortable beds and complimentary On-The-House Breakfast. We take pride in having a great staff that is helpful and willing to go the extra mile to make sure your stay is outstanding. As you mentioned, our location is very convenient to the SUNY Oneonta campus. We look forward to your next visit!

Ashley Camarata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just stayed two nights in Oneonta, NY and the hotel lobby was undergoing construction, so that is pretty much the only negative. The rooms are clean and well maintained, comfy beds, not crazy about pillows and the duvet was washed and fresh. The pool/hot tub was basic but fine, clean and avg. size indoor pool for a hotel of this size. Breakfast was the normal choices of toast, waffles, eggs, fruit, cereal, juice, coffee and danishes. I would recommend this hotel for your stay, the staff was pleasant and helpful, location was good and all round it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear avalon1496,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. As you mentioned, our hotel is currently undergoing some enhancements; which we hope you will enjoy next time you stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our indoor heated pool and hot tub as well as our famous On-The-House Breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

Westford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Wonderful friendly people from front desk to morning breakfast to house cleaning. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Front desk staff were extra special to my 6 year old grandson. Easy commute to Cooperstown and local restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Joe M,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We take pride in having a friendly staff! I am glad the front desk was able to make your grandson feel extra special at our hotel. We hope you stay with us again when in the area.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great hotel! The staff was excellent, the bed was extremely comfortable, overall an above average experience. We were visiting Hartwick College and this was very convenient to the campus. When traveling to the Oneonta/Cooperstown area, this is the hotel you should stay at.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel while visiting Hartwick College. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. We hope you choose to stay with us again while in the area.

Whitesboro, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Having stayed at many Hamptons, I found the Oneonta Hampton to be consistently good in terms of service and quality. Staff was friendly and breakfast was great. They are under going renovations but that's a sign of good business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear NYTinkerbell3,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We take pride in having a friendly staff. As you had mentioned, we are currently undergoing some enhancements. We hope you will return to our hotel again soon to see our new Perfect Mix Lobby.

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I had a room on the third floor --a non-smoking floor. I complained about the constant smell of smoke in the hallway and in my room. The front desk informed me that the fourth floor--where smoking is allowed--was to blame. The clerk reluctantly offered me the option to change rooms, but re-packing all my clothes and toiletries would have been inconvenient, so I just stayed in the room. Non-smoking rooms and floors shouldn't smell like smoke. Otherwise, the rooms were clean. The breakfast was good. The hotel is right near the interstate and within a few miles of downtown eateries. The lobby was being renovated while I was there.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear BrettWheeler,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am sorry to hear about the smoking smell on a non-smoking floor. I will make sure to forward this concern to our Housekeeping department to address, as it is an important concern. I am glad that you had enjoyed your room. As you had mentioned, we are currently undergoing some enhancements. We hope you will return to our hotel again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is standard Hampton Inn. It's 20 miles from Cooperstown is you want to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame and the indoor pool is convenient year round. There are many families. The only comment I have is it seemed that noise from halls came into rooms louder than any other hotel of that same category. May be the doors or something. However, overall good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear jrankw,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. As you mentioned, our indoor heated pool and hot tub is great for year round use. I am sorry that the halls were noisy during your stay. We hope you will stay with us again if you travel to the area.

Ashley Camarata

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!