“Smoke smell ruined it for me” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“Smoke smell ruined it for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had a room on the third floor --a non-smoking floor. I complained about the constant smell of smoke in the hallway and in my room. The front desk informed me that the fourth floor--where smoking is allowed--was to blame. The clerk reluctantly offered me the option to change rooms, but re-packing all my clothes and toiletries would have been inconvenient, so I just stayed in the room. Non-smoking rooms and floors shouldn't smell like smoke. Otherwise, the rooms were clean. The breakfast was good. The hotel is right near the interstate and within a few miles of downtown eateries. The lobby was being renovated while I was there.

• Stayed April 2013
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear BrettWheeler,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am sorry to hear about the smoking smell on a non-smoking floor. I will make sure to forward this concern to our Housekeeping department to address, as it is an important concern. I am glad that you had enjoyed your room. As you had mentioned, we are currently undergoing some enhancements. We hope you will return to our hotel again.

Ashley Camarata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is standard Hampton Inn. It's 20 miles from Cooperstown is you want to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame and the indoor pool is convenient year round. There are many families. The only comment I have is it seemed that noise from halls came into rooms louder than any other hotel of that same category. May be the doors or something. However, overall good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear jrankw,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. As you mentioned, our indoor heated pool and hot tub is great for year round use. I am sorry that the halls were noisy during your stay. We hope you will stay with us again if you travel to the area.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

After driving 3.5 hr, we checked into the Hampton inn. The woman we met at reception could n't have been nicer. She made up very welcome. The room was a suite that was very nice. We had a room with two queen beds and another room with a king bed. The room was clean, beds comfortable. They were renovating the lobby so breakfast was a little difficult, the food was also cold. We had an issue with hot water but the staff were so apologetic it was hard to be upset. The problem was due to the renovations, They are doing nice improvements and that says a lot. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear AMERICANS,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We are currently undergoing some enhancements as you mentioned. I am glad that you enjoyed your two-room suite. I am sorry to hear that your breakfast was cold. I am glad to hear that you will stay with us again soon; you will love our new Perfect Mix Lobby!

South Royalton, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I almost always stay at Hampton Inns when we travel.
The Hampton Inn in Oneonta was terrific!
Kerry, who checked us in, was very personable and made sure we felt right at home.
Our room was great. Very comfortable bed, jacuzzi tub, and as always, good coffee in the morning and breakfast included! Plus delicious Chinese takeout delivered to the room.
We'd stay there again!!

Room Tip: If you're a Hilton Honors member...you might be lucky to get an upgrade. We did!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear ruthpmorgan,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am happy to hear that Kerry was so assertive in making you feel right at home! We are glad you enjoyed your room and all of the additional amenities like the Jacuzzi and On-The-House Breakfast. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The size of the room was generous (desk, table, couch, king bed, 32" HDTV) and the breakfast had a variety greater than most continental breakfasts that I have had. I did not have an opportunity to use the pool or the exercise center, but they looked nice. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: I always advise staying on the top floor so that you don't hear people walking above you. Howeve...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear BrentonE_13,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the size and amenities of your room. Our On-The-House Breakfast is great when traveling; offering many options. We hope to see you again soon!

Long Island NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The place to stay for Cooperstown baseball. Very close to all star village. 20 minutes from dreams park. Oneonta is a plus. Nice shops and restaurants. There is a golf course nearby. Right off the highway. Laid back and accomodating staff.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear pgm888,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our close location to the Cooperstown All Star Village. We take pride in having a helpful and accommodating staff. We hope you choose to stay with us again!

Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Great staff and the rooms were nice. If you don't mind a 25 minute drive to the baseball hall of fame, it is the place to stay for convenience of shopping and restaurants. Don't get me wrong, Cooperstown restaurants are great but when you travel with a family and need a few things from wal mart and a happy hour at Applebee's this is a good place. The only downside is the walls a little thin. Could hear another family conversations in next room.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Rick E,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. As you stated our location in Oneonta is conveniently right off I-88 and minutes away from Downtown Oneonta or Southside Oneonta- with shopping and dining at each. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Ashley Camarata

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!