“Excellent Overnight Family Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Western Mass
“Excellent Overnight Family Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were traveling weekend traveling across NY Catskills near Cooperstown. Hampton Inn offer a fantastic Family suite, AARP rate for only $170 including Tax. My wife and I were able to have our own king bedroom, and our girls each had a queen size in the main room.
The hotel provides a lg mini-fridge, small microwave, coffee maker with free coffee, tea, etc as well as a wash sink separate from a good size bathroom. Parking and wireless were internet were also good and free. Also though the Hampton Inn website failed to mention it, there is a small indoor heated pool.

The rooms were very clean, and the linen were of good quality. The mattresses were extremely nice and comfy, both rooms had lg flat screen tvs. The main room is large enough for a sm dining table with four chairs, yet the room does not seem crowded. The hotel interior and grounds all seem extremely well kept and bright. The lobby is particularly warm and inviting.

I only had 2 picky complaints that kept this hotel from five stars. Slightly noisy wall HVAC units in each room and that hot water came on and off uncomfortably all during our early Sunday morning showers.

A typical free hot breakfast buffet was included, but made especially nice by the numerous staff fussing pleasantly over everyone, mostly guest families with teens like us. Make your own waffles, prefab omelets, yogurts, cereal, juice etc took on a much fancier flavor due to this wonderfully hospitable staff.

Tthe Hampton is set in a mostly residential area adjacent to I88. Yet it was quiet. In addition all the hotel reception and housekeeping staff were extremely friendly and eager to provide anything you might need. The lobby had snacks available and hot coffee, tea and hot cocoa were available free all evening.

Room Tip: 50 extra for a family suite, was like a second room at a bargain when traveling with noisy teens.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Travelswith2Kids,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for sharing your feedback about our property. I am glad you enjoyed the two-room family suite. It is the perfect room when traveling with family! I do apologize about the inconvenience of the hot water you had experienced. Next time, please make sure to let our front desk agents know as soon as possible so we can have maintenance fix the issue right away. I am glad you enjoyed traditional, yet complimentary Hampton amenities! Our complimentary on-the-house breakfast does offer a large variety of food. Our location right off I-88, is just a short 2 mile drive to Downtown Oneonta or Southside Oneonta, which makes shopping convenient. We hope you will stay with us again when in the area.

Ashley Camarata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Clarion in Oneonta provides much nicer accomodations and location for the same price. In the summer months the rates for the Hampton are downright outrageous.

The Hampton location is terrible. Not anywhere near restaurants, etc. and there isn't one on site. The Clarion is right in downtown but also has a restaurant and bar on site. Now Marriott has a Courtyard right on Southside where all the chain restaurants are, etc.

However, The Hampton is clean, etc and the staff is friendly so I choose it because I have the Hilton loyalty program. Otherwise I'd definitely recommend The Clarion instead.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing this quick feedback on our location and amenities via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your brand loyalty as an HHonors member and we hope to see you back the next time you are in the area.

Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a very nice Hampton Inn property, with large rooms containing fridge, microwave, in-room coffee, free internet, and free breakfast buffet in the lobby. The location is about halfway between Albany and Binghamton, along a beautiful stretch of highway. I would recommend taking the exit before the hotel exit if you need to pick up any groceries or other shopping, or eat out at a restaurant. The hotel itself sits in a fairly isolated area - just a few gas stations nearby. Although, if you come to the hotel first, and then take local roads back to the "shopping area", you'll drive through the cute little downtown with its historic old brick buildings - very lovely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear LiftLady,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for sharing your feedback about our property. I am glad you enjoyed traditional, yet complimentary Hampton amenities! Our location right off I-88, is just a short 2 mile drive to Downtown Oneonta or Southside Oneonta, which makes shopping convenient. We hope you will stay with us again when in the area.

Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed in a 1 King/2 Queen 2 room suite, 2 adults and 3 teen girls, taking our 2 daughters and their friend on a college tour. The main room was huge, 2nd (King) bedroom adequately accommodated the bed, 2 nightstands, TV and a wardbrobe. Beds were very comfortable. The TV in the main room was on a levered arm on the wall, and when you pulled it out (it was pretty far from the beds for watching) it went crooked:( Bathroom was large and nice- both tub and smallish shower stall. Took awhile to figure out the internet connectivity, but eventually got it working. Breakfast was good- make your own waffles, pastries, breads, cereals, no meat though. Overall, the stay was well worth the price (Priceline?/Hotwire?)

Room Tip: For family of 5, 1 King/2 Queen gives everyone their own space!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello familyvacationer555,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for sharing your feedback about our property. I am glad you enjoyed the two-room suite. It is the perfect room for traveling in a large party! Our complimentary on-the-house breakfast does offer a large variety of food. I am sorry to hear that there was not a meat selection during your time of travel. We hope you will stay with us again when in the area.

Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The location of this hotel is in upper remote NY, and the staff make it seems so down-right easy to conduct business with them. I'm sure that it may not be that way all the time, but thanks to everyone who played a part. The Pantry attendant, Lori played her part by making sure that all guest's are feed in a timely manner during the breakfast rush, and she sure made my morning pleasant when I asked her to warm-up an item for me. She went out of her way to make a difference in someone's morning.

Thanks again.

Room Tip: If you need something within reason, just ask. They'll help you out the best they can.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Mark F,

I’m Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our helpful staff, especially Laurie in the Breakfast Bar. I am glad that she was able to go above and beyond to exceed your expectations. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel was quite nice but the in-room whirlpool didnt work properly -- only 3 of the 6 jets were operational. I didnt care a lot since I got a special promo rate, but if I had paid extra for the whirlpool tub I would not have been happy. The room was large and clean with fridge and microwave -- very comfortable bed/mattress. The pool was a good size tho the floors seemed extra-puddly. The hot tub was nice and hot! Fitness Center was really small just one treadmill & one elliptical. Breakfast was plentiful and varied and not a crazed crowed scene like many free hotel breakfasts -- but they were perhaps overly organized since when I went to get another cup of coffee they cleaned up my table even tho I hadnt finished eating.

Room Tip: Rooms werent very well-insulated from noise in the hall so as far from the elevator as possible woul...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear nycjem,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind words and constructive feedback via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and apologize you found an issue with your Whirlpool. We are glad you were enjoyed the indoor heated pool and breakfast. We hope you will consider staying with us again should you return to our area in the future.

Sidney, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our stay at the Hampton Inn in Oneonta was acceptable. The clerk at check-in was very inviting, the lobby, hallways, and room were very clean, the television had all HD channels (although lacked pay per view, and was smaller than I expected for a King Suite), and overall was very comfortable. Unfortunately our room was on the drab western side of the hotel overlooking hills, the highway, and Oneonta's industrial sector. While we didn't have any particular problems with our stay, nothing about it was exceptional. The price was agreeable, the service was efficient, and everything was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room on the East-facing side. You may be able to spy the beautiful lights of Oneont...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello Brian H,

I’m Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your positive feedback about our hotel! I am glad to hear that our lobby, hallways and rooms were exceptionally clean. I do apologize that you did not find your room to have the particular view you were hoping for. Next time, please let us know if there is a certain room that you are requesting and we can try to accommodate your request.

Ashley Camarata

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!