“Acceptable - Clean, Efficient, Inexpensive; but Lackluster” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sidney, New York, United States
“Acceptable - Clean, Efficient, Inexpensive; but Lackluster”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our stay at the Hampton Inn in Oneonta was acceptable. The clerk at check-in was very inviting, the lobby, hallways, and room were very clean, the television had all HD channels (although lacked pay per view, and was smaller than I expected for a King Suite), and overall was very comfortable. Unfortunately our room was on the drab western side of the hotel overlooking hills, the highway, and Oneonta's industrial sector. While we didn't have any particular problems with our stay, nothing about it was exceptional. The price was agreeable, the service was efficient, and everything was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room on the East-facing side. You may be able to spy the beautiful lights of Oneont...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello Brian H,

I’m Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your positive feedback about our hotel! I am glad to hear that our lobby, hallways and rooms were exceptionally clean. I do apologize that you did not find your room to have the particular view you were hoping for. Next time, please let us know if there is a certain room that you are requesting and we can try to accommodate your request.

Ashley Camarata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Easy to access from the highway, yet quiet in the room. Breakfast was plentiful and lots of good choices. We were there for a college visit and the front desk was helpful in providing us with a map of the area and written directions to the college. We also felt safe in the community.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite was perfect for a family of 3 traveling together.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello Hunter356,

I’m Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your positive feedback about our hotel! I am glad to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. Our hotel is located with convenient access right off of I-88. Our On-The-House Breakfast does offer a large array of breakfast options. I am happy that the two room suite was the perfect choice to accommodate your family. We look forward to seeing you again!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

In this neck of the woods it's sometimes hard to find a hotel that has just what you need or expect. Sometimes you get more than you bargained for. That was the case here. Staff was responsive,courteous and overall professional in every way. Kind of hard to find something wrong or out of place. You cannot go wrong!! I"d stay there in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: Look at the reviews and see the specifics and descriptions given by the reviewer. Chances are if the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hello Transit27,

I’m Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your positive feedback about our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed all of our traditional Hampton amenities. We take pride in having a staff that is not only professional, but responsive and courteous to guest needs! We hope you choose to stay with us again when in the area.

Pembroke, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

After being moved out of our room twice due to overbooking they put us up in a suite for the night at no extra charge, they have a very clean pool and hot tub as well as a workout room. In the morning we enjoyed a very delicious and nutricious breakfast wich served more than your regular continental breakfast. I had an omelet and hot oatmeal made to my specifications by myself. The room it self was very clean and very roomy. I would suggest this hotel over any and all hotels in Oneonta area. The staff were very friendly and inviting, exspecialy the kitchen staff during breakfast. oh and the beds were soooooooo comfy I slept like a baby.

Jinx6982,

I’m Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your positive feedback about our hotel. I am glad the front desk was able to accommodate you with a complimentary room upgrade. Our On-The-House Breakfast offers much more than any typical continental breakfast- from waffles, an oatmeal bar and fresh fruit to our daily changing hot selections; we are glad it exceeded your expectations. We are glad that we are your first choice for a hotel in the area! We hope you choose to stay with us again when visiting the area.

Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Hampton Inn Oneonta is much like Hamptons everywhere. The service is adequate to good, the rooms are all the same (clean and ready when you arrive)and the cookies are by the front door after 4 p.m. The only downside to this property is its distance from any place to eat a decent meal. The property is in a residential neighborhood. That inconvenience forces me to rate this as Average.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Baboo_12,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind words and constructive feedback via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and apologize you found our location inconvenient for your needs. We are glad you were comfortable in your room and that you found our service to be on par with our brand and hope you will consider staying with us again should you return to our area in the future.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our January college tour trip turned out to be a very pleasant surprise...! The Oneonta Hampton Inn is immaculate; the staff is graciously outgoing, the WiFi speedy and it offers the best complimentary breakfast I've eaten in my 35 years of business/leisure travel. The GM and the entire staff are to be congratulated! I'm hoping my kid selects the school so we have an excuse to come back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear ShangLady,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad you had enjoyed our On-The-House Breakfast! We take pride in having a very hospitable staff! We hope to see you again!

Oneonta, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Thank you so much for making my stays in Oneonta enjoyable! I've stayed at dozens of Hampton's & this is by far the cleanest! The staff is wonderful (always smiling & helpful)! The hot breakfast included in the rate is pretty hard to beat at any other franchise. Thanks again and I'll see you all again soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear k l,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad we make your stays in Oneonta enjoyable. I am happy to hear that we exceed your expectations with our clean property; especially being the cleanest Hampton you have stayed at! Our On-The-House Breakfast is complimentary and perfect for any travelers needs. We look forward to your next stay!

Ashley Camarata

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!