“Hampton inn Oneonta ny” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Oneonta
Merrick, New York
“Hampton inn Oneonta ny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

the hamton inn in oneonta New York was one of the cleanest hotel i have stayed in .The staff was very nice, the rooms and the sheets and quilts were very clean. The breakfast nook was clean and had plenty of seating even when lots of people were there.They had enough to choose from durning breakfast I will definitely stay there again with family Thanks MM

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear MM2188,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We are happy to hear that we could exceed your expectations in being the cleanest hotel you have ever stayed in! We are glad to hear that you will be staying again and look forward to your visit!

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Medford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Nice and clean, with comfortable beds. Swimming pool small, but satisfactory. Excellent complimentary breakfast with a wide variety of choices: fruit, waffles, omelets, oatmeal, pastries, yogurt, cold cereal. Friendly reception staffer pointed out an available discount I hadn't realized I was eligible for, which I appreciated. Slept well. Fitness center consists of two treadmills. Appreciated the quiet. Positive experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear MuddyShoesMedford,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. Our hotel prides itself on being clean, nice and friendly. I am glad you were able to enjoy the complimentary amenities such as breakfast and the swimming pool. We hope to see you again!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had no power after hurricane Sandy. We stuck it out for several days but needed a shower, lights, and comfort. We chose Oneonta so we could also take our daughter to SUNY for a tour. The people at the Hampton Inn were amazing. When the front desk person (I think it was Kate?) found out we were escaping the storm, she offered a large discount on our room - so helpful. Then, she upgraded our room to a suite, free of charge.

Of course you can't expect this under normal circumstances, but the fact that she offered us a great room at maybe half-price was really appreciated and I would like to thank her and the hotel again for their kind help.

Breakfast was pretty good, standard buffet fare, but a lot better than cereal in the dark at home!
The heaters were a little noisy and weak, but acceptable.

We will definitely stay there again if our daughter decides to enroll at SUNY!

Room Tip: The king suite on the 4th floor is perfect!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear MitchellNY,

I'm Ashley Camarata the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your feedback- I will share it with my staff! I am glad you found our front desk agent Kerry, to be extremely helpful and assertive at check in! I am happy to hear that she offered you a complimentary upgrade. We look forward to seeing you in the future if your daughter enrolls at SUNY!

Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here a week while our son played in the All Star Village Cooperstown baseball tournament. Considering we were there for 7 days, we did not grow tired or restless. The staff was unbelievable, so kind and gracious. Always making sure we were comfortable, attending to our every need. The rooms were clean, staff was always around and the breakfast spread was plentiful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hello BaseballFamily34_30,

I'm Ashley Camarata the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your feedback- I will share it with my staff! I am glad you found our hotel staff to be friendly and helpful. At the Hampton Inn Oneonta, guest satisfaction is our number one goal! Our location to All-Star Village is perfect- just a short 2 minute drive down the road! We hope to see you again!

DeWitt, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel did an outstanding job accommodating a sorority gathering for Homecoming weekend. We were greeted with an array of mums and harvest decorations and at check-in, I was happy to be allowed to use my credit card for my half of the weekend charges. Next a table layout of cider, coffee and donuts plus coffee cakes welcomed us and took the edge off our travel deprived stomachs. A table had been set up for our sorority committee to give information out about the weekend schedule and directions to the college for weekend activity registration. The room was clean with a note that, not only the sheets, but the coverlets on the beds had been cleaned for each new arrival. We did have trouble adjusting the room temperature and after a phone consultation, we still had to call someone. My main complaint was the bed - it was hard as a board and the pillows were so big and fluffy that I had a stiff neck the next day. So, I would recommend the hotel for its service and friendly accommodations but check out the bed before you unpack.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Judy G,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you very much for your feedback- I will be sharing it with my staff. I am glad that your sorority had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. I do apologize about the issue with your bed, but glad that hotel staff could help resolve the issue. We hope you will visit us again!

Roslyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Second visit at Hampton Inn to visit our daughter at school. Very clean and neat hotel. Comfy bed but horrible pillows!!! Mushy, mushy, mushy! It is also extremely loud. You can hear everything from the privacy of your bedroom.

Room Tip: Just be prepared for noise and maybe asked for other pillows.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Steph444,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and use your feedback to improve our guest experience. I understand that noise was an issue during your time with us and I apologize for this inconvenience. We know how important a good night’s rest is while traveling and will look into solutions to better soundproof our rooms. I do hope the next time you return to area to visit your daughter you will consider staying with us again.

Harrison, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here when I went back to visit my former college, SUNY Delhi. The Hampton Inn was adequate. Room was clean, with an up to date, clean bathroom (most important in my book.) When we first got into the room the heat was not working properly (blowing cold air, or no air at all.) Called the front desk and they came up to the room in a timely manner to check it out (although the problem resolved itself by the time they arrived.)

The walls were very thin, especially in the bathroom, where we could clearly hear our neighbors and their children talking.

Staff was very pleasant and helpful.

All in all, a good place to lay your head if visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear JDV1927,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad the HVAC unit issue was able to be resolved. I do apologize that you felt the walls were thin. However, we are glad you were happy with the clean rooms. If you have any other concerns or comments, please feel free to contact me directly at 607-433-9000 ext 542 or by emailing me at ashley.camarata@hilton.com.

Ashley Camarata

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!