“Better than it used to be” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 97 Restaurants in Oneonta
Cuisines: American
Downsville, New York
“Better than it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Service was not always so good, and food was mediocre. Swore we'd never go there again after the wait and poor service we had, but we did last month, and it was better. With their expanded menu, and improved service, I would recommend this Applebee's now.

Visited February 2013

Otego, New York
“Decent food, Consistant Chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is your average Applebee's. I've always found the food quality, prices and portions to be very consistant. This location has always been kept pretty clean and the service good, though it seems to have a pretty high turn over rate, which may have to do with the fact that it's a college town.

“Only Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I really like the all you can eat lunch special, all the soup, salad and breadsticks you want for a low price ($7.00). However, once again service was kind of slow............don't they have these salads all made up ahead of time, and is there any reason for it to take so long? The place was NOT crowded! My second bowl of soup was not really hot, which was a disappointment. My second breadstick was kind of hard, and did not seem fresh (the first one was fine). It's too bad they can't get their act together and get food to the table nice and hot and in a timely fashion. Our waitress was friendly and apologized for not knowing the lunch routine, since she usually works the supper shift.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Prattsville, New York,
“What a joke, waited 1hr 45 min for food left STARVING”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Today my husband and I went to the neighborhood grill and waited 15-20 min for a table. That was fine with me. WE sat down at our table and a waitress came to take our order for the drinks, she explained she was new and had a week of training, that was fine with me because everyone needs training for a new job right? 10 min later she came back and asked what we wanted and we both wanted the lunch menu soup and entree (chili and roast beef mushroom melt with an appetizer sampler). 1/2 hr later she says did you want mushrooms on your sandwich and we both said yes. 15 min later she came back and said, I am sorry, but we don't offer the lunch menu soup and entree on weekends. OK, that was fine with us, we both made a mistake of picking the lunch menu on a Saturday so, my husband and I waited for another 10 min trying to decide AGAIN what we wanted to eat. She came back and we placed our order. This was like an hour into the wait. She said "it should take 5 min for your appetizer to come out". My husband asked for another coors and 5 min later she comes out with a refill for me which I never asked for one. (behind us I see the party of 8 get 3 appetizers that she served to them but not to us) 10 min later she comes and I said that I didn't want the drink, I didn't ask for it, take it off the bill. She said that it came free anyway, but I told her I didn't care. So, we waited and waited for our food probably for about another 1/2 hr and she comes out and said "I deleted your order in the computer, I just placed your order in again. this was 1HR AND A HALF INTO OUR NON EXISTING MEAL finally, my blood was boiling and I told my husband we need to get the hell out of here. I spoke to the manager and he gave us 2 $10 gift certificates along with a .99 cent appetizer to choose from coupon. The waitress came back and said are you guys leaving? we said yes, she said ok, let me bill you for the drinks and my husband said don't bother I already spoke to the manager about this. My husband said he will never go there again...We went to Friendly's instead

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oneonta, New York
“Gross old greasy dive bar...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I guess the only way you can screw up an order of fish and chips is to use old fish, old oil, over fry it, don't drain the grease, and then put the fish on top of some greasy fries used in the same oil. Nuff said.

Visited July 2012