“Very clean hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Poughkeepsie
“Very clean hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

The hotel room was very nice and very clean. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Even when I called to make the reservation, I was impressed with how nice and accomodating they were. We enjoyed our stay there very much. We will choose that hotel whenever we go back to Oneonta. It's a great location, you can walk to many little shops and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

Room was horrible with peeling wallpaper, loose bathroom tile, torn carpet and raggedy furniture. Unbelievable. Overpriced for such a dump and the front desk was not properly attended. The one person on duty sat at a desk and talked on his phone the entire time I ever passed through the lobby. When asked for help with my Choice Privileges account, I was told I could do it online. He said he would try to find it later, but never did. This was a poor excuse for a hotel!

• Stayed October 2014
Albany NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

We arrived at the hotel after a delicious dinner at the restaurant across the street. From the outside the hotel looks fine. The friendly desk clerk gave us keys to a room on the second floor. They mentioned a smoking floor which floored me as I did not think that was allowed in NY state. We went to the room, dropped our bags and returned from a walk at about 9:15 pm. There was so much noise outside our room it sounded like a party. There were two college reunions booked into that floor. Why they put two folks with gray hair there I have no idea. I thought ear plugs would solve that problem. What I found next had me calling the desk for a new room. The first pillow I touched had blood on it. I then looked down and saw someone's dirty socks on the floor next to the bed. The thought that the maids would make up a bed with used sheets grossed me out. As we enter the elevator to change rooms a man on it asked us where we were going. I told him our issues and hubby quips it was like "hotel impossible " the man (with no name tag on )said he was the hotel manager and was disappointed in the REMARK. I told him I was disappointed to be touching strangers body. I called Clarion the next day to share my experience. The second room had issues as well. Wait until they get a new manager and fix mold issues and update before booking here!

Stayed October 2014
Media, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

Theresa at the front desk deserves commendation for all her help to me and my wife during our stay October 11 through October 13. I also think Luke at the hotel grill was exceptional in his assistance.

Room Tip: I suggest a non-smoking room for comfort and cleanliness.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

Just wanted to commend the staff - Alysia, Luke, Jenn and Theresa. They were courteous, friendly and went out of their way to be helpful in providing information about the area and getting around in the area. While nothing "luxurious" the hotel itself was definitely a very good buy for the price.

Pittsburgh, PA, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

This place is way too expensive to be this ewwie. My friends found spaghetti in their sheets. Spaghetti. As in someone nom nom nomed in their bed and left bits for the next. It was from probably the last person in this room because it was still limp and well seasoned. There was also some dried blood on our sheets. The ceiling is moldy, the carpets are dusty, and it smells like a cross between old people and nair.

Stayed October 2014
Ballston Spa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

We recently stayed at the Oneonta Clarion. Most friendly staff. Clean and most comfortable.
We had breakfast at the clarion's restaurant because it was convenient. Did not expect much.

Well, kudos to chef Vincent! Probably the best omlet (the Tuscan) I've had in my life. And fine service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!