“All fur coat, no knickers, some issues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Waterworld Resort & Spa

You added Crystal Waterworld Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Crystal Waterworld Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Belek - Bogazkent Beach, Bogazkent, Belek 07500, Turkey   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bogazkent
Bracknell
“All fur coat, no knickers, some issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

HI, What I mean by my title is that the hotel it self is fantastic and stunning looking, but underneath it is struggling to cope.
I wont waffle on too much as other people have said what I think.
Room - brilliant
Pool - brilliant
Food - OK
Restaurant - Main one so crowded
Staff - Brilliant
Weather - hot hot hot
Location - Not so good, but that did not bother me.
If they sort out the problems, it will end up being a great hotel.
Needs more staff, but all staff there were brilliant and polite.
Saying please and thank you costs you nothing and it gets you so much more.
Very large hotel, lots of guests (a few good but most are awful, us English were very well behaved I must say).
We met lovely people and so we had a great time, if it was not for them, our holiday wouldn't have been so good.
You will have a good holiday if you go there, it is what you make it.
Fusun in guest relations was fantastic, always smiling and happy and always willing to help, thank you:)
Happy holidays

Room Tip: We stayed in a family room which was great
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baku, Azerbaijan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Every thing is great we had nice vacation in belek and i ignore all bad reviews. There are lots of snack bar.foods are ok and many kind of taste. I like there. The slides were execllent and scray.
I like the terrac bar and it wasvery relaxing
At nights amfi theater was very amusing.
Every where you can find food and you wouldntbe hungry
Beach was lovely and staffs were friendly with us.
Rooms value was great
I would turn back

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I just came bach from waterworld and i must say that i have great experience i this hotel .
At first i read bad reviews and i afraid.
But when i visit it i change my mind!
The slides were great
The design of hotel was awsome
And food were good.
We stay at standard room and it was cute.

And because the hotel was new it was very clean.
Activites was good and not boring.
Beach was big enough and clean.
And i recomend it to every one.

• Stayed August 2013
surrey uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have just returned from this hotel after a 2 week stay , family of 4. Having read the earlier mixed reviews I too decided to reserve judgement. Unfortunately we have to agree with most of the negative comments certainly not 5 star, although there were a few positives.
Positives first:
We had a family room which was clean, big enough and well equipped (2 tv's and 2 min bars , large shower).
Lots of bars ( approx 15), well furnished.
Main hotel areas well furnished and kept clean
Day entertainment around the pool ( pool games)
Some staff very nice.
Negatives :
Main one as lots of others people have said is the main restaurant, it is worse than feeding time at the zoo, we have never experienced anything like it. 3 issues : poor design and layout other guests who act like animals lots of staff with poor service attitude.We got to the stage where we had to accompany our children to get their food as they dreaded the frenzy. Breakfast, lunch and dinner all the same, in the end we ate late breakfast in the snack bar , lunch at the beach bar and either dinner at the snack bar or as late as possible in the main reasturant (9pm 30mins b4 it closed). Not what we paid for.
Rooms not well sound proofed so sleep disturbed by ignorant guests shouting / slaming doors in early hours.
Bar staff quality varied greatly , lots of poorly made drinks, poor service
Cleanliness around the pool and beach was poor, needed more staff managing this.

Some people have said it was august and busy so what do you expect but we always holiday at this time and have never experienced this chaos before. I think it will be better out of season but this hotel is certainly not the 5 star we expected and paid for. I don't think Thomas Cook will have this hotel in 2014 .

Essex, uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family stayed at CWW between the 24th July and the 8th August, and we were all looking forward to it. We read the reviews and chose to ignore the negative reviews because everyone as an opinion and we wanted to make our own minds up.

We arrived at the resort at 22.00 and first impressions were wow! It would have been niced to be greeted as we arrived and we had to work it out for ourselves where to go. There was no welcome by the guy at the desk and just gave us our cards and a leaflet which offered no benefit what so ever. We were shown to our room. First impressions was it was clean, but a small for a 5* hotel. We stayed in room 3302, which had a good view of the main pool and sea. We paid extra for this.

I was surprised that none of the 2 pools had a gradual incline into the water. This is required if you truly want to make it a family resort. All pools are 1.4m in depth, and it was a good job we packed our own buoyancy aids for my 6 year old daughter. The kids area at the rear of the. Complex is really for children upto the age of 6 years, so any family with children from the ages of 6 to 9, I would seriously consider looking for an alternative.

Food times are a joke! I have never seen disorganised caos such as this. It is a free for all and is survival of the fittest. It is a case of eating what you can get your hands on, rather than what you want to eat. Some guests like to have a banquet and take everything available and leave it uneaten on the table. Management need to get on top of this. The aqua restaurant is quieter, but should not be the only option to eat without a war.

There has been a look written about our Russian friends on this forum and I am going to defend them. Although they may come across rude, I believe this is a cultural issue. I found the our Russian friends polite and always responded if you said hello.

However, guests from Israel and Turkey are without a doubt, the most rudest, aggressive and demonstrate some really bad habits and are worth a mention. They will fight anyone, even members of their own family. I witnessed an entire family from Israel ( about 10), physically and verbally assault one of the lifeguards because he was doing his job trying to get the inflatables back for the watersides. They acted like a 'pack of wolves'. One decided to poop in the pool, I'm not kidding, and everyone had to get out for a hour whilst it was cleaned. A lifeguard said it was a child's. if that was a child's then I suggest the parent seeks urgent medical attention because I would have been proud to pass that. To tap it all off, an Israeli/Turkish gentlement decided to assault my wife because she was sitting at a table that he wanted to sit at. He did not know I was there and got the shock of his life when I flew for him. We stayed on the table. I did write to the management team to complain about these incidents and thanks to Fansun, at guest relations, our complaint was acknowledged.

The al a carte restaurants are ok but really slow service. The Italian restaurant took 2.5 hours to get us through our meal and there was only 6 tables to manage. Dress code was not being adhered too, and one gentleman appeared to come straight from the pool.

This is the first 5* hotel I have stayed in where you cannot get late check out. The guy on the reception desk was rude and not sincere about our situation. We only found out what to do from this forum, and it needs to be made cleaner.

Our room was kept clean, but the bed lining was not changed for the whole 2 weeks. Not what you expect from a 5* resort.

A special mention should go to Fansun at guest relations. If it were my hotel, I would put her in charge of all staff training because they need her special touch. She knows how to treat guests and management need to acknowledge this and give her a role to match her talent.

We made the most of our stay, but sadly, would not come back to a Crystal hotel and would probably not return to Turkey.

I have stayed in 5* hotels (Sandals twice), so I know what level of service is required. They are falling well short, but some of the guests don't help this. No good having 5* facilities if you are inviting 3* guests to stay. The hotel is too small for the size of the resort and design does not consider if the resort is full. It is like they have found a cheap plot of land and asked the architect to design a hotel to house 2500 guest, must have 2 pools and water park, 5 al a carte restaurants, a ballroom etc. the architect as worked a miracle fitting all that in, but at the expense of guest comfort.

Room Tip: Get up early if you want a sun lounger.
Rossendale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 11 nights from 28th July 2013. First impressions of hotel were Wow!

Check-in was very quick and porter brought our cases to our room very quickly. The room was very spacious lots of hanging space for all our clothes, We booked for a side sea view and the vue was very good facing the main pool with the sea to our right hand side.

The facilities were fabulous, the waterpark is great fun and our daughter and myself loved the slides.

The beach bar is a great place to eat at lunch for pizza or burgers with really friendly waiters along with the terrace bar, these are the only places where you can be understood and have your usual holiday banter.

The entertaiment at night was of a good standard and was worth going to.

Now the down sides

The booking of the Al-carte restaurants was an absolute joke! You have to que from 08.25 in the morning with the machine not opening till 09.00am even then there was constant pushing and shoving from some of our foreign friends (Russians). They said you could only book for the next day but my wife was 3rd in the que and found that a lot of the tables were already booked up. How is this possible? The Al-carte is your only way of getting some kind of service at this hotel.

The main restaurant is not big enough for all the people staying at this hotel. I should think feeding time at the zoo is more orderly and guarantees you a warmer meal. On arriving in the restaurant (which we tried different times to see if it made a difference), you found you couldnt get a table inside, so we often sat outside and boiled to death while we ate our meal. Due to the lack of staff in the dining room you were lucky if you had knives and forks on your table, so had to go in search of them yourself. We have stayed at many hotels in Turkey and not once have we had to go to the bar and ask for a drink at meal times. There are no staff going round to tables asking if you would like a drink at breakfast for Tea and Coffee or at Dinner for a glass of wine etc.

All in all we had a great time and feel it could be a great hotel. It just needs more staff and customer service training.

Henfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed here for two weeks with family having booked last minute holiday. As ever there were good and bad points, but overall we were disappointed and some of the ratings surprise me. The experience was far from 5*. Fortunately we made friends with some British families with similar age children. I would say that British represented less than 10% of guests.

The main problems we experienced:

The high proportion of rude Russians who simply don’t know how to be polite.
The fight to get food in the main restaurant, which could not cope with the numbers eating. Food was repetitive and often cold
The terrible system for booking the a la carte restaurants, which takes far too long and whilst better than the main restaurant the food is far from great
Lack of late check out facilites and the fact that reception is so unhelpful when you want to get washed and changed before the flight home. You have to use the busy spa, which is already very tired and lacks any privacy
Service at bar was on occasions terrible with children in particular regularly ignored. Even the Thomas Cook rep was ignored and had to complain to management
Hotel is squashed into a small area will little open space and could not be described as a resort

The good things:

The family room was well designed (sadly just the one toilet)
The water park was fantastic for the children
The weather was brilliant, very hot with low humidity
The patisserie

This was our first trip to Turkey and will be our last if this is the standard of holidays.

Room Tip: Eat as late as you can to avois the long queues in the main restaurant
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crystal Waterworld Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!