“Great value and terrific service.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Olean
“Great value and terrific service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We were cheerfully greeted by Cindy at check-in and she was extremely helpful. Sue was very attentive and eager to please with serving our breakfast. The food was fresh and hot with a great variety of options. We'll definitely stay here again when coming back to the area.

• Stayed May 2014
Yatin P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time for a great review and choosing the Best Western during your visit to Olean, I am very happy to here you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our breakfast selection, I will be sure to let both Cindy and Sue know that hey are doing a great job and to keep it up. We all hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Waited 23 minutes for night staff member to finish having sex before assistance. Then wanted to check in early and was to be charged more than the 2- day rate. Day people just stand outside and smoke every 15 minutes. Customer service unbelievably terrible.

• Stayed May 2014
Hatchville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Wife & I stayed there over Easter weekend. Yes, the crew were very polite, and very willing to help. Can’t say enough about how nice they were. This also includes the outside landscapers.

Don’t know where the other reviewers are used to staying at to base their reviews about clean, but I didn’t quite discover cleanliness thing. Were the rooms clean, yes. Did housekeeping do a good job, yes. This is out of the main housekeeping duties. The rugs in the building, and rooms, (I stayed in 2 of them), were filthy. I doubt shampooing would help. Replacement is in order.

Smells: In both of the first floor rooms we stayed in, periodically had heavy cigarette smell coming into them. Was explained to me by an hotel employee, (not going to name), that it was caused by people smoking in their rooms up stairs, coming thru the bathroom vent. Yep, it sure was.

I accepted it as it is, what it is. You pay with peanuts, you get elephants.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Yatin P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and I am very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations; we work very hard to provide the very best to our guest. I am very sorry that someone endued up smoking in the room above you, we are completely a non-smoking hotel and yet guest will try to avoid the rules even after being warned. We will work closely with housekeeping and font desk to ensure that all of our guests have the best experience possible. We do hope you will give as another try so that we may try once more try to exceed your expectations and provide you with the very best experience possible.
Olean, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I've stayed at other hotels in Olean and don't know why I didn't try this one--totally surprised by Best Western! It is a fantastic gem in the heart of Olean. Great room, great people, and very clean--room smelled wonderful because it was actually clean! I will definitely stay there again! Btw, pancake machine is my fav and highly recommended!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and I have to agree with you, the pancake machine is one of the coolest things i have seen. I am very happy to hear that you gave our hotel a chance and that we exceeded your expectations, I will be sure to thank everyone for the great work they are doing, and we hope that you continue to choose us during your future visits to Olean, thank you again and come back soon.
Olean, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband planned this weekend for our 25th Anniversary to surprise me. He kept in touch with the staff and a few days before he took decorations down, Sue and April did the decorating for him, It was a pleasant surprise for me to see what they had done. He was happy with the results as well, it looked wonderful. I did have an accident the first night there, and Zach was concerned about my well being. He filed an incident report and gave me an ice pack for my arm. They have a wonderful and caring staff, and I would like to say that the Breakfast food was good also. Thank you for a memorable weekend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and we are so happy to have had the privilege of being part of your 25th anniversary. I hope your arm is feeling better and I am very happy to hear that Zach was so helpful when you needed it. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the decorations and I can assure you Sue and April had just as much fun doing the decorations. We always try our best to go above a guests expectations. Thank you again and come back soon.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel staff were all very professional and some exceed the norm. A big thank you to Bill at the desk for going beyond what I expected to be helpful and kind, and to Sue in the kitchen for providing a delicious wide variety breakfast each morning. They are both friendly and dedicated to doing their best. The hotel was clean and neat. I highly recommend the Best Western hotel in Olean, NY.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed everything from our breakfast options to the cleanliness of our hotel. We may be the smallest of the 3 hotels in the area but think of ourselves as one of the best and brightest. We strive to prove that to every guest that stays with us. I will also be sure to thank both Bill and Sue for the great work they are doing every day and on behalf of our entire team thank you for the review and we all hope to see you again soon.
Long Valley, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Extremely friendly staff who welcomes you and treat you like a VIP! Will go beyond what is expected to make sure you will enjoy your stay. Every staff member - from the counter, maintenance, housecleaning, breakfast server - always welcomes you, asks if you need anything to make your stay at the Best Western any better.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am very excited to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed the hospitality that our team was able to provide during your stay. We always try to go above what our guest expect to be a normal stay. It makes me very proud that everyone was able to interact with you during your stay right down to maintenance. I will be sure to thank everyone in your behalf for the great work they have done. On behalf of the entire team here thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn? Share your experiences!