“Great family hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Olean
Bolivar, New York, Usa
“Great family hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Wonderful hotel, excellent staff. Very clean, and had a great breakfast and even free movie rentals. Would stay again and again. My kids had a great time in the pool, there was a good breakfast for kids.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

trayc92, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments! We are thrilled they loved the pool and we look forward to your next visit!

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cuba, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed twice at this hotel now and each time I found it to be excellent. The rooms and bathroom was very clean and smelled clean. The sheets and bed smelled so fresh and were comfortable. The furniture was not shabby or worn, nothing was broken down like you so often find in other hotels. The staff was very friendly and sympathetic to my situation of being stranded by the winter storm. They gave me a break on the cost of the room and saw to my needs. The breakfast in the morning was good and they had a friendly woman named Irene that kept the food filled and hot. I was very impressed with this hotel and recommend it to anyone that is staying in the area. Its not often you find even the lowest priced rooms equipped with a microwave and coffee maker, and an excellent TV with all the best channels as well.

Room Tip: i have been on both floors and any room seems good to me
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
trayc92, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I will pass along your compliment to Irene! We look forward to seeing you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Numerous parties were occurring the weekend we stayed. Very very loud!
When we arrived it was hard to park as lot was not plowed. Check in was easy. The room was small and it appears old. Not a thoroughly cleaned room.

There was fridge and microwave in room, nice tv, and coffee pot.

• Stayed December 2012
We apologize for the disruptions during your stay. We would love the oppertunity to serve your better.
Rye, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We dropped our son off at St. Bonaventure University in August and found the hotel to be very clean and the staff very helpful & friendly, The pool area was clean as well. The beds were incredibly comfortable, there was WiFi throughout the bldg. The breakfast in the lobby was more than adequate and if you were in a hurry, they had breakfast already bagged to go (granola bar, fruit, & juice). I liked the way the lobby looked like someones living room with a gas fireplace,sofa's chairs and bookshelves stocked (take it with you & drop it off at the next Best Western you stay at),
My only complaint would be that there wasn't enough water pressure in the shower and that the little kids in the next room were too loud.
Our room was actually in the front on the main road, and the street noise was not a problem. would recommend this property and will stay there again myself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you, we look forward to your next visit!
Webster NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The bed sheets were malodorous, the shower floor was dirty.. Apparently it doesn't come cleaner, I asked the staff to clean the room after I left and when I came back it looked exactly the same!! The carpet in the entire hotel was visibly filthy, I didn't expect the room to be much better. I will use best western hotels as a last option in the future. I was traveling on business's as I do 12-15 days each week. I'm looking for a home away from home, at least clean!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

trayc92, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We sincerely apologize for your stay. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness awards that we have acheived and will take this concerns seriously.
Bonita Springs, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel each year for several years while visiting relatives nearby. Up until this year, the rooms have always been clean and the beds were comfortable. Service has been fairly good. This summer we stayed for several nights and found the room to be dirty and the comfortable bed replaced with a hard one. The first day, we left the room at 11am after removing the do not disturb sign and came back about 5 PM to find the cleaning staff had not entered the room. The trash bags were full and the dirty towels still on the floor. When I complained to the desk clerk, she said that the maid noted that the do not disturb sign was on the door and just skipped our room. The clerk said the maids were supposed to check back in the afternoon if the rooms are occupied in the morning and then clean up when it is empty. Obviously this was not done. The clerk gave me new trash bags and clean towels and told me to leave the garbage and dirty towels in the hallway. The following day the room was "serviced" but the bed was not made. In addition, the floors were not cleaned. When I complained to the desk clerk, she asked if I had left the sign on the bed to not replace the sheets and I said that I did, but I expected the bed to be made anyway. She said that I would have to mess up the sheets more if I wanted the bed to actually be made up. During our three-day stay, the bed was never made, the rug never vacuumed, and the bathroom floor never mopped. The evening desk clerks did not conduct themselves in a professional manner. The male clerk was often sprawled in a chair watching TV, and the female was outside smoking almost every time we entered or left he hotel. Although we were told that coffee would always be available in the lobby (including the decaf we required) the carafes were nearly empty and the contents cold when we attempted to have a cup in the evenings. On the plus side, the breakfasts were good and well attended-to by the woman in charge of them. The cookies which were baked in the afternoon were tasty. The room size was a nice size, and the TV and Wifi were good. Overall, this hotel badly needs more diligent management and supervision in order to ensure improvement.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
trayc92, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for addressing the concerns with your stay. I have addressed these items and we hope that you will give us the oppertunity to impress you once again.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn? Share your experiences!