“Lovely place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Olean
Toronto, ON
“Lovely place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We spent 2 nights here when we traveled to Olean NY for a roller derby tournament. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. Breakfast on the first day was pretty good. The second day was less than stellar, but I made do with yogurt and fruit salad which was fresh. My favourite part was the lovely "front porch" with complete with rocking chairs and tables. We will definitely stay here the next time we're in Olean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
It is great to hear your comments and feedback about your stay with us this past weekend. I am glad that you enjoyed your time here in Olean- and especially at our hotel. It was a beautiful weekend to enjoy our front porch. It is very relaxing out there. I apologize about the breakfast being unsatisfactory on your second day with us; I can ensure you we will improve in this area. Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to having your stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edinburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

If I owned a hotel I would want my staff members to come here to learn how to provide exceptional service. I had stayed in this hotel for two nights earlier in the year. When I came back to the area for a week I returned to the same hotel. I am glad I did. My stay was great because the staff here is amazing. They are always friendly, professional, and attentive. I thought about pointing out 1 or 2 staff members and then realized it's not possible, as each and every encounter has been outstanding. The room was clean, as were all the common areas. Highly recommended property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments about your experience during your last stay with us. It is our pleasure to serve you and your wife. I am so glad to here all your nice comments about our staff here at the Country Inn & Suites, Olean. We strive to give the best service to every guest everyday. I hope you do get a change to stay with us again. Thank you again, I am so glad to hear your enjoyed your stay!
Lawrence, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was our first time at a Country Inn & Suites. We were there in April visiting St. Bonaventure University. We wre extremely grateful for their hospitality. The entire facility was very clean and the staff friendly. Although it was only one night, my wife, daughter and I were very pleased. My previous experiences have been with a variety of hotels and chains from Hilton for business, Marriott for business and pleasure to Choice Hotels. Now, on my next next trip I am looking for Carlson and in particular Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your response. It is so great to hear you enjoyed our hotel, and better yet you love our brand, Country Inn & Suites. I am glad your experience with us made that much of an impression on you that you are now going to travel and look for a Carlson Product. Again, thank you for your great feedback about our hotel and your experience. I do hope your travels bring you back to our neighborhood and you can stay with us again.
Upstate Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

From the moment of check in through out our stay the staff of this hotel was incredibly welcoming, enquiring if we needed additional services, and even opening doors for us... but not in an overwhelming way.
Directly across from St. Bonaventure.
Cookies in the evening, extensive Continental breakfast, pool and hot tub!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your fantastic comments about our hotel. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and also got to experience our top notch service. I am also glad to hear you were able to enjoy our amenities from the pool and hot tub to the cookies in the cozy lobby. We do hope that you can come back and stay with us again. Again, thank you!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel three different years for a basketball tournament and all three times it has been a great experience. The rooms are clean, mattresses and pillows are AWESOME! The staff is pleasant and helpful from management to housekeeping. Breakfast is good. The pool and hot tub are nice. And they take care of the little extras...forgotten toothbrushes, free printing from their computer complete with stapler, cookies on the counter, apples, fresh coffee and tea available 24/7. I highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in Olean!

Room Tip: The rooms also have a decent size refrigerator and coffee pot
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay as much as we always enjoy your team staying with us. It is a lot of fun to the staff here. Thank you for your comments about the staff. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting your team again next year!
Alliston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here over New Years so the kids could go snownboarding at Holiday Valley. Ellicottville is beautiful but expensive. Being a Radisson member I try to stick to the chain so this location was perfect. About 20 minutes from the ski resort. We had booked 2 rooms and they gave us connecting rooms. Beds were comfortable and rooms are large. Breakfast was the standard Co9untry Inn breakfast - waffles, boiled eggs, toast, cereal etc. Great value, pleasant staff, large rooms. i would return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us over the Holidays. Thank you for your great comments-and also I want to thank you for your Loyalty to the Carlson brand. We love hearing from our guests on their experiences with us. I do hope if you travel back to this area you will stay with us again. We look forward to having your again. Thank you.
Rochester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

From the time my wife and I checked in w/out a reservation until we left the following morning, our every expectation was exceeded. The front desk clerk was courteous and helpful, the room was immaculate and very spacious, and the bed was incredibly comfortable and luscious. We both slept like babies! I have business in Olean again in about two weeks and there is no doubt about where we will be staying.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and feedback. We love hearing that our guests enjoyed staying with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your spacious room and that you got a great night sleep. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Olean? Share your experiences!