“Very Relaxing Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Olean
Rochester, New York, United States
“Very Relaxing Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

From the time my wife and I checked in w/out a reservation until we left the following morning, our every expectation was exceeded. The front desk clerk was courteous and helpful, the room was immaculate and very spacious, and the bed was incredibly comfortable and luscious. We both slept like babies! I have business in Olean again in about two weeks and there is no doubt about where we will be staying.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and feedback. We love hearing that our guests enjoyed staying with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your spacious room and that you got a great night sleep. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Got a king suite for my wife and daughter and me. Room was fine, with separate bedroom, and TVs in both the bedroom and living area, which was furnished with a sofabed. I thought our bed was fine although my wife found the mattress a little too firm. Bathroom was clean and shower was good, with adequate water pressure. No noise issues.
Worst thing about the room was that tap water, which tasted terrible. I'm not fussy about my water, I usually drink it from the tap, but this was bad. I think the problem was at the hotel because I drank tap water at my mom's house in Olean and it tasted fine. Fortunately they keep bottled water at the front desk, which is free for guests.
One odd thing was that the carpet in our room had two burn marks from an electric iron. The bedspread also had what could have been a large burn mark. Not a major issue but not too attractive.
Amenities are good. Good breakfast buffet, as well as free coffee, cookies, cupcakes, fruit and hot soup. There's also a computer in the lobby with free internet access and printing, which is nice for those of us without a mobile device.
I didn't use the pool but I heard there was a problem with the water temp being quite cold. My daughter went in and didn't seem to mind but that's a kid for you. I overheard a maintenance guy tell a guest they were working on it. There's a small hot tub near the pool as well.
I'd go back, but I'd be sure to put some bottled water in the fridge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your detailed feedback on your recent stay with us! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and also got to experience a lot of what our hotel had to offer. Thank you for the feedback on the guest room, water issues, bed comfort, breakfast, business center, and pool. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary bottle of cold water at the front desk, along with all the tasty treats we have out during the day. We take all our guests comments very seriously and use their feedback on improving our hotel. I appreciate your comments and we will use them to improve. We hope to see you back here again. Thank you again.
Butler, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Room clean-excellent, friendly staff. Excellent for families visiting their child across the road at St. Bonaventure University-breakfast ok - one night they had hot soup along with the 24/7 beverage and cookies - pool & whirlpool looked nice but tried and wasn't warm-

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Also, we are glad that you got to experience the hot soup in the evening. We do the soup bar Monday through Saturday in the evenings. It’s great especially now in the colder weather. Hopefully your travels will bring you back into the area again! We look forward to you staying with us again!
RIO RANCHO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Biger "ick factor" with the furniture in the room. I had to put paper napkins over the arms before I would sit in the chair. Corners of the bathroom floor were gross! Internet was unpredictable & slow at best. However, the service was wonderful - such nice people! Our room was cleaned wonderfully well 4 out of 5 days (except for the bathroom floor). The check in lady was just a dear & gave us care & consideration. If I was in the area again, I would not choose this hotel unless I knew it had been updated. Too bad, because the rooms were large & comfortable for a 5 day stay.

Room Tip: Third floor - unless you want to hear the shower & toilet from upstairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback about your recent stay with us. I apologize about the inconvenience you had. We are very excited to announce we will be updating our guest rooms in the coming year which will make a huge impact on the hotel. It is great o hear that our service was top notch. I apologize about the rooms service not happening on one of the days during your stay- this is something that I will look into and make sure this does not happen again. Again, thank you for your feedback- we hope if your travels bring you back to the area that you stay with us again.
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Rooms are spacious and clean, daily service, free breakfast & Internet, and reasonably priced, with friendly personnel. A bit isolated, but I guess this apply to most hotels in Olean. I liked to quitness of the location,in the country side and surely will recommend this place for my friends

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your recent feedback. It is always great to hear comments back from our guests. We are always looking to improve and then only way to do this is to hear back from guests, like yourselves. Thank you for your description of your stay- we are glad to hear your enjoyed staying with us! Yes, it is very quite here in our small town- we it is a great place to relax! Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you again!
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites for one night on our way to take our kids out east to school. Service at the front desk was fine, as was the service for breakfast. Breakfast choices were as expected for a complimentary breakfast, although the Hampton Inns we have stayed at in the past have a better breakfast selection. We had a 2 queen suite. Space was great. The room had a frig which was nice to have our cooler items in over night. Beds were comfy, and we all had a great night's sleep except for one of my kids who slept on the pullout sofa in the front room. The sofa had little support, and when we pulled the bed out, it slanted backwards and had a very thin mattress on it. It had clearly seen better days. We watched a movie and had to turn off the air conditioner and sit at the ends of the beds to hear the movie as the volume was controlled, and we could only turn it up so much. We called down to the front desk and the person that answered said she would talk to her manager, but we never heard from anyone. Finally, the bathroom definitely showed its age. It was fine, but it was not really clean, and I think someone forgot to use a brush the last time the toilet was cleaned. The hotel was a fine place to stay for one night on our travels out east but we have definitely stayed at better along the highway.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with Country Inn & Suites, Olean. I thank you for your honest and detailed feedback. We need to hear these things from our guests so we can improve. I thank you for your comments about the front desk staff and the breakfast staff. I apologize about the comfort of the pullout bed you had in your suite. This is something we will be upgrading in our hotel in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience. I also apologize about the lack of service that the front desk agent attended to about the volume on your TV. This is something we have to manually change in each room- and we are in the process of getting to every room to complete this. But, I thank you for you feedback because now I can train and help front desk agents understand the importance of knowing small things like this. Again without your comments and feedback- we aren’t able to improve. So, thank you again for your detailed feedback. I hope you will come back again and give us another try.
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Recent stay at this hotel for business after staying at another local hotel two weeks earlier. The hotel was clean and the staff was very nice. The breakfast offered in the morning was more than adequate. The woman servicing this area did a great job keeping the food available and the area clean. The St. Bonaventure campus is a nice campus for walking/running. My job takes me to Olean a couple of times a year. I will stay at this hotel again when I return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sweitzer11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Olean, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you very much for just recently choosing to stay with us! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed everything with your stay. Thank you for your comments about Rebecca in the breakfast room, I will be sure to pass on your comment to her. I look forward to having you stay with us when you return back to Olean!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Olean? Share your experiences!