“Eagle Bay a place where memories were once made.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eagle Bay Village

Eagle Bay Village
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Eagle Bay Village
You added Eagle Bay Village to your Saves list
State Route 28, 8 mi. east of Old Forge, Old Forge, NY   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
WESTERNNYGIRL
“Eagle Bay a place where memories were once made.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

Well I love Eagle Bay Village for many reasons. My dad and his family started going when he was a child and brought me there every year since I was born. I am now a young adult and still enjoy going up every year not due to how well the place is run, but due solely on the fact of all the memories made and history my family and close friends have made throughout the years.

Don't get me wrong the place is in a great location with beach access. It is right between Inlet and Old Fordge and surrounded by mountains. The new owners took it over several years ago after Mary and they have made several upgrades. They have painted the excising cabins, and have added nice new trailer cabins but these changes were made when first bought. Since then they have done little and they are more invested in their "other" jobs they have else where rather then Eagle Bay Village. You would think since BOTH owners live on the property that they would be there if a need did arise, but no they are usually not to be seen. The "teen" cabins have not been touched in over twenty years the furniture is broken and ripped. The motel has mice. Towels are not regularly cleaned everyday. The grass is not always cut. When I was a child Mary always had shuffle board, the tennis courts available, the bball court usable, and the game cabin always stocked. Since then it has not been touched leaving little to do when it rains, and it usually rains 2x a week when up there. Now there is no bball court and the tennis court is filled with crap, and in addition the swing set is older than me and probably needs to be upgraded.

If it wasn't for all the memories made I would not waste my time and energy going. The people that were not allowed back made that place for what it once was. They got everyone playing volleyball and other games. Those people were never warned and it is cowardly of the owners to take pride in something like that when they did not have the balls to talk to them telling them to settle down or to change their ways. The families not allowed back have more history there than anyone I know and they made it fun and enjoyable for everyone to be there.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Syracuse, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

Eagle Bay Village had a few rough years with revelers who did little to respect the families who were trying to have a wholesome vacation. The family who let their teens and 20 somethings party into the night are no longer welcome at Eagle Bay!
Last year, we had our first quiet, peaceful family vacation at this location in a long time.
I have been staying at Eagle Bay Village for 37 years. As a child with all my extended family, as a young single person and now, as a family with a young child. I keep coming back to Eagle Bay because of the wonderful beaches (shallow enough for small children), the peaceful evenings around the fire and the location to other attractions.
Many of my aunts, uncles and cousins have found their way back to the mountains, and we all had a wonderful time staying at Eagle Bay Village. I'm glad that the owners have made the changes that were necessary to bring Eagle Bay Village back to what it should be, a quality, family oriented resort. We are very much looking forward to this year!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2007

I have lived in Arizona for the past 2.5 years and moved here from Cold Brook, NY (50 miles south of Eagle Bay). I really enjoy going to EBV, even when i lived there. I happen to be the owners (Donovans) nephew, and I really look forward to going back every year. Being down here in the hot desert (115 degree's) in the city of Phoenix working for the county, nothing makes me more excited than to know that i'm approaching vacation time.

My aunt and uncle (especially Brad) have poured their hearts and souls into the place and have made vast improvements to the property over the past few years. I remember helping them mow the lawn, doing odd jobs around the camp and my family and I helped build the impressive dock that they now have. I travel over 2900 miles every year just to spend time in the adirondacks and on the lake. It's a wonderful place to be and I honestly wish i could get a job in that region, but for now I'm in AZ. The landscape is so magnificant that my other Aunt and Uncle got married on the property. Its a great family retreat and i honeslty believe you will enjoy it to.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2007

I have been going to Eagle Bay Village with a group of friends for the past 6 years sometime in September or October. It's always been a wonderful get away. The accommodations are great. We stay in the newer 5 bedroom home, but the old cabins are just as nice.

The grounds are so pretty. From the road you can't imagine how pretty the view is. The beach and grounds are well groomed. We always spend a lot of time on the deck enjoying the view and at night we admire the sky just full of stars!

Eagle Bay Village is close to a lot of quaint little shops in Inlet and Old Forge.

The owners work hard to keep the places in great condition. Not all individuals treat the place with the care they give their own home, unfortunately (or maybe they treat their own homes badly too).

Looking forward to a visit in Fall 2008.

Stayed October 2007
scooby04
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2007

great place to stay very family oriented. great beach and boat docks. brad,mary great people . super place for kids lots of room to run and play games

• Liked — the beach
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2007

I've been staying at EBV with my family for 5 years now, and am kind of in the middle of the other reviews. The cabins are fine for the price ( just look at what some of the other local places rent for! ), and the grounds are OK. Good family place. Nothing fancy, but not bad at all.

But the first review about the people who stay in the motel is right. We've been staying around the fourth of July every year, and the motel residents just go nuts with the beer and the fireworks at all hours. The partiers usually clear out after a couple of days, and things get quieter again. If I had small kids or wanted a quieter kind of vacation, I'd get annoyed too.

The owners are all nice and helpful, but they really aren't around all the time until after about 6:00pm, when I've been there, in spite of what some of the other reviewers said. Maybe it has to do with the time of year when you visit. When they are there, they're wonderful. Sometimes you just have to wait a couple of hours to get one of them.

Stayed July 2006
Fairport, New york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2007

Have spent many years staying at EBV. The Donovan family has spent a great deal of effort to bring the place back to what it once was. Excellent family atmosphere, good fishing and beautiful sandy beach.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Eagle Bay Village? Share your experiences!