“So disappointed, food was unacceptable .” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Elma, New York
“So disappointed, food was unacceptable .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had not been there for a long time, but were up for a winter weekend family birthday celebration, the soup was like clam water, my husband had a rolled up wet napkin in his salad we complained to no avail. WE all had a fish dinner and the fish was very rubbery which we did not complain about. we did not expect to be reimbursed, but we would have expected some compensation for a wet rolled up napkin in his salad.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Acra, New York
“Great food, great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have ate at the Old Mill too many times to count and the food is very very good. I love their stuffed chicken breast! The sauce they drizzle on top is soo good.

The one thing I can say that upset me a little bit was last year, they were CLOSED during Snodeo weekend which didn't make any sense to me what so ever. Why be closed on the first busiest weekend of the snowmobile season?!? Hopefully this year they will be smart and not do that again!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food was outstanding. They don't take reservations and the first night we tried to get in, we couldn't. On a late Sunday afternoon, we were warmly welcomed and provided with a menu which was at first glance pricey. There are less expensive items, but we went for the dinners that include all you can eat soup and salad. This turned out to be a really special meal. The soup of the day was chicken/rice - scrumptious, and served in a large soup tourine (all you can eat!) - then, a large bowl of salad was served with 4 containers of delightful salad dressing (all you can eat). Then, my choice was the Queen's cut Prime Rib - with baked potato - best I've had in some time. We didn't order dessert (which was not included) - we just couldn't consume any more food! The service was delightful!

Visited October 2013
saranac lake NY
“Nice place. Hit on almost every level.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My SO and I had a meal here one night. Service was very good. I had a tenderloin that was very good. She had scallops that she enjoyed very much. I would most definitely eat here again if in the area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Schenectady, New York
“Excellent Food, Nice Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our first time to the Old Mill. It had a great bar area with Fireplace and plenty of seating, in an Adirondack Lodge setting. The food was great and the staff was friendly and engaging to out of town people like ourselves. We will most likely stop by on our next visit back

• Visited September 2013