“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
York, Pennsylvania
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for lunch while on a motorcycle trip. Sat outside - warming in the sun. Town is quite busy w foot traffic - so plenty to watch!

A lot of nice beers on tap - we had the local Saranac Lager, which was quite good. There were three of us, and we each ordered a bison burger. Two of us added smoked Gouda. All were promptly delivered to our table and were cooked properly. They are served without condiments - so create your own burger at the table. Flavor was good - which can be a challenge with bison. Service was prompt, but not too attentive. Would recommend it to other travelers.

Visited June 2014

Syracuse, New York
“Great clams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Not too obvious, but you had better have great clams in your clam shack, and they do. We had both steamers and fried and my wife had a perfect burger. Fries perfectly crisp. Very large selection of local beer & ale as well. And terrific staff working there - Hi, Brian!

Visited May 2014
Utica, New York
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

After wandering around Old Forge on Mothers Day and not finding much, we settled on this place. It doesn't look much from the outside, and honestly, "Clam Shack" did not spark my interest. But we gave it a shot and it actually turned out to be really good. We both had salads which were not just iceberg like your normal pizza place salads. They had fresh field greens and vegetables. We also got the SRQ chips which they gladly made without bacon. They are a must-try: homemade chips with blue cheese fondue, green onions and balsamic drizzle. Incredible. We had the City Slicker pizza with spinach and ricotta and it was very good as well. Pretty reasonably priced. The only thing I could complain about is the service was a bit slow considering it was not busy. Definitely better than your average pizza place and worth a try!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Old Forge, New York
“Too many mistakes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

As a local resident I visit occasionally for take out. I can count on 1 hand the number of times they have actually gotten my order correct. Another example tonight. Picked up my pizza, got to the car and took a look. Good thing because it was totally wrong. Went back in to have them correct it. Had to wait for cook to make a new pizza. Another 15 minutes. Get that one to the car and instead of large thin crust, it is small thick crust. So back in again. Third time they finally got it right. Total time for a pizza, 45 minutes. Not to mention $18 for a pizza. I mentioned to the waitress that it would be nice if you offered me some compensation. Maybe a credit for my next pizza. No such luck. Just another "I'm sorry". I got the pie home and it was undercooked. This is not the first time I have had problems with the order. They need to do some quality control and improve communication. I have complained to management before, but they really don't seem to care. Too bad

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Warm and welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Bartender was very friendly. Just had a quick bit, wings and cheese fries that were very Tasty. Pizza looked real good, maybe on our next stop