“Very pleasant way to spend a few hours” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 16 Attractions in Old Forge
Montrose, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
“Very pleasant way to spend a few hours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This boat cruise was informative and a great way to see parts of the Chain of Lakes that you wouldn't normally get to see. The ride takes passengers on a double decker boat on the first 4 lakes in the chain. In case of rain, the lower deck is covered, but the top deck is open to the views, so I reccomend up top. We learned things too!

Visited July 2012

8 attraction reviews
“Great trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Captain Bob is well versed in the history/lore of the Fulton chain of lakes. The cruise itself is very calm and relaxing, saw several common loons. I would go again.

Visited August 2012
Utica, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Nice afternoon ride”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Loved the scenery, the slow pace made seeing gorgeous camps and woods nice, but the cheap chairs that were zip tied together made for sitting way too close to others. Would've been nicer to be able to spread out a bit on the top deck. I understand not wanting the chairs to blow around, but I also didn't want to sit so close to the folks I came with, let alone strangers. LOL, it was very nice, but could've been better with a little space.
Great deal to be had in the local coupon book was buy one get one free, so a 2 hour trip for two was only $18. That was super nice!

Visited August 2012
40 attraction reviews
“Nice and Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

This is a two hour relaxing boat ride. There is nothing really for kids, so unless your young one likes to sit and look out from the boat for 2 hours, it's not for them. There were a couple of kids on the boat and they seemed bored.

I was lucky enough to go on an absolutely picture perfect weather day during PEAK leaves season. It was absolutely beautiful! I also went on this same cruise a couple years ago, during mid summer. I enjoyed it then too. There are many beautiful homes and camps - things I NEVER could afford and are fun to look at. And of course ..... the mountains.

I personally, really enjoy just sitting on a boat and looking around at any lake scenery. So I really enjoy this. It is a slow moving boat - a nice way to spend an afternoon. (Bring suntan lotion if it's sunny!)

They do sell snacks (pretzels, chips) and have juices, bottled water and alcohol (I know they had beer). I think the "adult beverages" may make this trip a little more fun.

This is a good thing to do at least once if you visit Old Forge regularly.

Visited October 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
“A different view of the Adirondacks........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We have to go on the Old Forge Lake Cruise every time we are in Old Forge. The ride is spectacular.......the Clearwater goes up through the Fulton Chain of Lakes, up to Fourth Lake and back. The views from the boat are incredible and the captain keeps you informed of the history and development of the area. We have grandchildren that go along with us and they love the trip especially being able to ride up on top of the boat. We have been on the trip several times and always see something new each time.

Visited August 2011