“2nd time is a charm” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Tapas
Webster, NY
“2nd time is a charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

2nd year we have had a very nice time and meal as Sisters. We sat on the back deck and it was a very nice location as you can look right into the very small kitchen. We brought our 8 and 12 year old daughters and they also like it. You won't find a kids menu so don't expect chicken nuggets or pasta cause you won't get it. You'll find very nice salads, soups and small very tasty entrees with very fresh ingredients as they have a garden out back. We also had very nice deserts to finish things off. Right in the village and nice decor which includes the sisters.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“High Quality restaurant but not very user friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Restaurant was really beautiful with lovely furniture dinnerware glasses. The menu was thoughtful with good attempt to serve home made high quality fresh food. What is lacking is service. Food is extremely slow and small in portion. They couldn't make egg white omelette.

Syracuse, New York
“A Gem in Old Forge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We went to Sisters Bistro for lunch on a weekday. Sadly, all the outside tables were taken, and we had to sit inside. It took us a few minutes to get menus and water, and once the waiter arrived, she immediately told us they were out of a couple of specials. We didn't know about the specials, so it was interesting that she told us they were out... Anyway, once we ordered food, it came relatively quickly. Our entrees were personal pizza, omelette with bison sausage, and open face croque madame. All were generous portions, not too much, but certainly ample for lunch. We shared a fresh fruit crepe for dessert, and it would have been way too much for one person. There were three large crepes with strawberries, blackberries and blueberries. We each had one. Delicious.

We felt the prices were fair for the quantity and quality of food received. It would have been five-star but for the service.

Visited August 2014
Mont Laurier, Canada
“The world's tiniest pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Visited Old Forge on a cold day and went in this very inviting bistro to warm up a bit. Friendly greetings and very cute decor. I wish I could say I loved my meal but it will go down in my memory as the most expensive, littlest pizza I've ever eaten. You can look at my other reviews, I am usually an enthusiastic traveller and I don't fuss a lot, I won't judge a whole restaurant for this meal, I did see beautiful quiches made with delicious garden fresh ingrédients on other tables and quite a bit of attention around presentation. My pizza was the size of a dessert plate and I was prepared, even at the disappointing size to love the thing but it was quite ordinary and the crust was not very good. The tiniest side salad (Like there was ewith the quiches) would have been much appreciated, for the sad looking pizza was just served in the middle of a big plate which made it look even tinier! I would give this restaurant another chance if I ever go back, maybe fo dinner instead,it is quite charming.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Wonderful charming treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed lunch here with my niece. We were warmly greeted and given our choice of tables. It was a cool summer day and were happy to find a table by the fire as a nice treat,(yes it was that cool). We enjoyed warm service, wonderfully creative menu options, croquet Madame and a fresh field green salad, expertly dressed. We weren't too hungry so we shared the two items for a nice combination. Prices were very reasonable and appropriate. We truly enjoyed this little nugget of a find.

• 5 of 5 stars Food