“What an adventure!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitewater rafting on the four rivers in New York State. Hudson in North Creek, Black in Watertown, Moose in Old Forge, and Salmon in Pulaski.
Byron, New York, United States
“What an adventure!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I recently treated my husband and his brother (both of whom had white water rafted before) on a trip down the Black River with Adirondack River Outfitters (ARO). We had fun, to say the least, on this 2.5-3 hour trek. The staff were knowledge and extremely helpful when it came to gearing up and getting you ready to hit the rapids. Our guide, Matt, was like no other!!! He was carefree and really made all of us feel comfortable in all of the situations the river had to offer (even the cruncher). He made sure that everyone had a memorable experience. I know I did, as I had moments where I was placed in the "princess seat," so I could see just that much more adventure ;) Matt even shared his random tidbits about the river; some fact, some fiction. Regardless, more than enjoyable!!! I would highly recommend ARO.

Visited July 2013

Albany, New York, United States
“What a blast!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We used this as a team building exercise for work and some people were definitely nervous about the idea! The team at ARO was amazing, our tour guide Dylan was very informative and easy to work with. You literally paddle for about 20% of the time and enjoy the trip for 100% of the time! I will admit, when you pull up you may find yourself thinking, "um... when's the last time this place was updated?", but what they may lack in appearance they make up for in safety and fun. Also - the chicken at the BBQ afterwards is incredible. Don't skip the BBQ!

Visited June 2013
saranac lake NY
“Alex is the man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Some friends and I drove 2 hours to do some rafting with a company down the road from ARO. Well there was no one there to take us rafting. We stopped at ARO. They were booked up, so we could raft with them.

Then Alex, on his day off, but still at the shop hooks us up. He had a little "black book" with the numbers of all the rafting companies, and found us a ride. Guy is stand up, and literally made our day.

I will be rafting with this company from now on. And I owe the man some beers.

Visited August 2013
Glens Falls, New York
“A fun day rafting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a lot of fun on our white water adventure! The guides were interactive and knowledgable, the river was beautiful, and BBQ lunch after was great!
There are a lot of companies available to take you down the river, we like ARO the best.

Visited August 2013
“A great way to experience White water in NY through ARO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

If your looking for a great adventure of white water rafting look no further than ARO. The great tour guides do a excellent job of balance of high excitement and safety. I had no experience white water rafting but felt comfortable in the boat and ready for a good time. The trip down the black water was a great balance of fast class IV rapids to swimming time down the river. Finish the day off with a BBQ and a beer. If your in Watertown NY go to ARO they will hook you up with some wet fun.

Visited July 2013