“Clean, well-maintained, family-friendly lodging in the Adirondacks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Club Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Country Club Motel
You added Country Club Motel to your Saves list
Route 28, Old Forge, NY 13420   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Ithaca, NY
“Clean, well-maintained, family-friendly lodging in the Adirondacks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Old Forge has several locally-owned and operated motels that look similar to Country Club, and I'm glad that we landed on this one. We chose a room with two double beds, which cost $75. We were able to check in early, and we found the room to be very well-maintained, with comfortable beds, fridge, microwave, new windows and relatively new bathroom fixtures. Everything was very clean, and the water pressure was incredible! Watch out for very hot water, though. We didn't have a chance to use the pool, but it looked very inviting and well-maintained. The owners were friendly and accommodating, and it's so nice to see that you can still find such a nice bargain that's not a chain.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
syracuse ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

If you have teens...please dont stay here...My family and I traveled with another family with teens and my sister and her family were staying at another motel, the lady at the front office was so aweful with us she made our experience TERRIBLE!!!! She and the other man at the office were watching us and made us feel aweful. My sister being handicapped could not get over to the motel with us and the other couple so I took her kids and thought we could have a good time...well the lady accused us of having more than 4 people in our party......and i told her those were my sister children and she said "THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE POOL AREA CUZ THEY ARE NOT REGISTERED GUEST!! She was STALKING us the whole time!!! But all the bikers were making noise and parting, but she was stalkin us!!! Not friendly wouldnt recommend this place......I would recommed The forge motel!!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Alexandria Bay, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I stayed here with my 3 grandchildren, all age 3. The rooms were clean, well maintained, and comfortable. The bathrooms were spotless! We all loved the pool. I would highly recommend this motel to all my friends and family, and will stay here again when I am in the area.

Kincardine, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Good basic accomodation. Good location. Friendly, helpful people. Outdoor heated pool, looked well maintained but we never used it since it was raining the only night of our stay. Golf course directly behind hotel if you're into golf. Close to all Old forge attractions but opposite end of town from water park if that's what you're interested in. Wildlife wondering around freely, IE deer. Beds were a bit hard but having said that I slept well. Good value for the money although no free breakfast.

South Glens Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

We were looking for someplace close to Water Safari, and the Country Club Motel was on a list of places to stay. We are so glad we chose to stay here! Not only was the front desk staff pleasant: even the housekeeping staff were pretty awesome :) The room was clean, the beds comfy, and there was a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The pool and grounds were clean and well-kept: we had NO complaints. It was a great location, close to sightseeing, restaurants and the water park. Old Forge is a lovely little town. I can't wait to go back in October. And you can't beat the price!

• Stayed August 2010
Hamburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

The room was very clean and the maid was very pleasant, efficient and accommodating. The managers were very nice and helpful. The pool was clean , heated (perfect temperature for cool days), nice relaxing deck chairs. The grounds were immaculate--I did not see 1 weed, spacious and very pleasing to the eyes. The motel is at a good location--easy to get in and out. We definitely look forward to a return trip. The beds and pillows were so comfortable. We slept very soundly, and that is great because my husband sometimes has sleepless, uneasy nights at home. I like the camera --my daughter in Virginia could see us!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Lyons Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

The rooms were very clean, the staff was very pleasant and helpful, The owners were super nice and the pool was well maintained. The location was great...quiet but yet within walking distance from the stores and shops on main street.I would definately stay there again and I will recommend " Country Club Motel " to all my friends and relatives!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Club Motel? Share your experiences!