The hotel is under new management and cleanliness and safety is not given much thought.
We have stayed there in the past and enjoyed our stays.
This time after driving 700 miles we found;
1. Blood smears on the sheets of three of the beds-wondering if the sheets were changed!
2. In the room we were moved to, there were either toaster crumbs or mice poop on the countertop, along with a large curley hair on the blanket under the bed covering.
3. The remote was found broken on the deck railing.
4. The glass on the extinguisher case was broken with jagged plastic shards.
5. There were small piles of litter that had been there for quite a time.
6. The person (the owner?) filing the breakfast buffet was wearing sandals.
We gave the stone fence a second chance after our previous stay a month before this one-rug so dirty that shoes stuck to the tile in the bathroom-should have known!
We travel to this area a couple times per year and when we see it either under new management or closed we will not wonder why as we head off to another hotel!
- Also Known As:
- Stone Fence Hotel Ogdensburg
- Stone Fence Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the beautiful St. Lawrence River, this 13 acre, Three Diamond Triple AAA rated resort Motel and CENTURY MANOR HOUSE (new in 2004) offers guests a wide selection of upscale, clean, comfortable accomodations with scenic balcony rooms, family units, water front and Jacuzzi rooms plus two-room suites. As our Guest, all the amenities, services and facilities you are likely to need for a restful night or an extended vacation have been carefully considered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Fareportal , Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Stone Fence Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.