“Parched on the Bay” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Parched on the Bay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

On a lovely Friday night in June I was to meet some friends here. I arrived first. When getting a table for us I advised that I was waiting on a few people at which time I was led to a table and seated and the hostess promptly walked away. After sitting there for several minutes I tried to catch the Bartenders eye since I was sat in the bar I assumed she would come over and get me a drink. She ignored my attempts. Twenty minutes later my friend showed and I was beyond annoyed. i was so thirsty when I got there that all I wanted was a wine and a water and had been sat and ignored. When the waitress finally showed she was very nice but the bartender left a whole lot to be desired. I could never imagine seeing someone sitting in a bar with no drink and not asking if I could get them anything. When I did order food I got the Buffalo Chicken dip and that was awful. I would not recommend it, I will never go back and the management needs to take a look at how customers are treated or say buhhhhbyeeeee to their business. You do not need to wait for all parties to arrive to start giving service.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Buffalo, New York
“Excellent view of the river and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My friends and I ate lunch here before going to the Remington Museum. It was not crowded that day and we had our pick of tables, so we chose one with a view of the river, the Ogdensburg-Prescott International Bridge and, of course, Canada. We each had a sandwich, which was served with homemade chips and a side (potato salad, macaroni salad or fries) The sandwiches were delicious and reasonably priced and the service was friendly. We'd definitely go back there again.

• Visited July 2014
Richmond, Ontario Canada
“Great fish & chips at the Phoenix”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

On our recent visit in late October 2013 my wife and I ordered fish and chips. We expected a piece of box fish with fries. Not so; we each received a wonderful fillet of haddock, beautifully seasoned with lots of chips and an excellent zesty coleslaw. Service was very good consequently we left the server a generous tip. Apparently Canadians are considered to be cheap. I understand that in New York servers work for a low minimum wage and are extremely dependent on tips.to my Canadian colleges open the wallet, let the moths out, and leave at least a 15 percent tip.

• Visited October 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Good honest food at affordable price -- went there twice this trip -- My 90 yr old mother lives for our visits to take her there so she can have the oinion straws. All the food is good, well presented and all you will want to eat for a meal .

Visited May 2013
Brockville, Canada
“A good meal for a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife and some friends usually have dinner here a couple of times a month. It's a short hop over the nearest international bridge and the dinner is well worth it. You get a very nice meal at a great price. In the summer there is a patio where you can sit and look out over the river.

• Visited November 2012