“very cute, nice value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons Bed and Breakfast

Seasons Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean Beach
Seasons Bed and Breakfast
You added Seasons Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
468 Denhoff Walk, Ocean Beach, Fire Island, NY 11770   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Ocean Beach B&B and Inns
“very cute, nice value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

It was really pleasant, and I shared one room with two beds with a friend of mine. So it was good value for the location, since this part of town gets pretty expensive during the season.
I was afraid I'd get a dumpy place for the price, but I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, the rooms are small, just enough to fit the beds, but the shared bathroom is very nice and when I was there it wasn't crowded. The whole bnb felt like home. The people working there were sweet too. I recommend it. I'd stay here again rather than the overpriced Palms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

....Sure am! This was my second stay at Seasons with my boyfriend. We found it online last summer and enjoyed our stay immensely. We returned again and were happy to see that the first time was not "luck". Remember this is a quaint B&B. Small room but clean and you are only there to sleep. Breakfast is awesome! Fresh blueberry pancakes, frittata, fresh and ripe fruit salad, crossiants, bagels, cream cheese, granola, other cereals, coffee, tea etc...if you can't find something to eat then YOU have a problem not the B&B. Shared bathrooms but its kept clean and I've never had to wait to use it. The location is very close to the ferry, shops, restaurants and offers a lovely scenic walk to the beach. And I really liked that Seasons provides complimentary use of beach chairs and beach towels. Plus they allow use of their fridge (which we use to store our wine and some snacks we brought with us).Is it overpriced for 2-person weekend getaway? Some might say yes. But I guess it's "supply and demand". It's not too high that I wouldn't go back next summer (as I plan to). My only tiny issue was they collect a cash gratuity for the maid service when you check in. But they never serviced our room (we were there for 3 nights). Soooo maybe it was for cleaning the shared bathrooms (?)

• Stayed August 2012
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Anyone that bashes Harvey's hotels are delusional. If you want the real fire island experience, you should stay at the seasons bed and breakfast or the blue waters hotel. Although you do not have a private bathroom in the Seasons, the staff make you feel like you're staying in their very own home. Their Sat and Sun breakfasts are homemade, delicious and make me feel like i'm waking up in my own bed at home. If you compare the prices of the Seasons to any other hotel in Ocean Beach, The Seasons is actually cheaper. If you want fancy/upscale stay at the Palms or go to the Hamptons. If you want comfort, a smile and a wonderful staff that looks out for you, stay at The Seasons or Blue Waters hotel. Additionally, the location cant be beat. It's right in town, a hop skip and jump from the ferry and just a 10 min walk to the beach. They provide all the right amenities, clean rooms, beach and bath towels, bikes, beach chairs and beach umbrellas. It's the only hotel I will stay at when I'm in Fire Island, and i've been going for about seven years now. I'm a native new yorker and although I like the finer things in life, I know that when I go to fire island, i'm going for a laid back, relaxed, carefree weekend. If you want something fancy, go to the Hamptons and leave the rest of us alone.

Room Tip: If you want a private bathroom stay at the blue waters. If you don't mind sharing a bathroom, wh...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Right up front, the options for lodging in Ocean Beach on Fire Island are limited, and they are all very expensive. None of the rooms at The Seasons have a private bath. We had to walk through the living room and kitchen, to get to the bathroom. Our bedroom was right on the street, around the corner from the most popular bar in town. I slept with ear pliugs every night. There's no internet connectivity. There's a big screen TV but the DVD player wasn't working and no one could fix it.

Breakfast is delicious, home made by Jane every morning. The service staff are very nice, but the amenities are disappointing.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Troy, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I'm writing in defense of the Season's and its staff. We've stayed there for several years now, and the staff has ALWAYS been especially polite and accomodating, including Harvey, the owner. The rooms have ALWAYS been clean, the food is fantastic, and I have NO IDEA what is wrong with these people who panned the place.

This is a BEACH HOUSE, in a BEACH community, so there is some mild inebriation from time to time, but I've NEVER witnessed ANY drug abuse or anything other than MILD drinkers, ANYWHERE in town, including Season's. This is a family-oriented COMMUNITY.

I think that the only bugs involved are up somebody's caboose.

Room Tip: What, and risk not getting it myself? :-)
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

This place is great! Pretty affordable for FI, very clean, staff was excellant - very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were really good and the B & B is conveniently located near the beach and the bars and restaurants. However, it isn't late at night. The only issue is that they advertise as having satelite TV which they do not and they should state on their website that their Sunday BBQ does not start until July.

• Liked — very clean and great location.
  • Disliked — small, a bit cramped
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Seasons two years ago on July 4th and went back this year. The staff is so nice, the breakfasts every morning are great (especially the egg cassaroles and homemade granola!) and the vibe overall is warm, laid back, and relaxing. They give you beach towels, bikes, and great beach chairs. Plus the location is great, its right of the main street. The B&B itself isn't fancy but the vibe makes up for it. We'll definitely be back again!

Stayed July 2007

Been to Seasons Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!