“Fire Island Hotel -- Fire Island Ocean Bay Park --” 3 of 5 stars

Fire Island Hotel and Resort
25 Cayuga Walk, Ocean Bay Park, Ocean Beach, Fire Island, NY 11770   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ocean Beach
Long Island
“Fire Island Hotel -- Fire Island Ocean Bay Park --”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is good, however it is definitely like a college frat party -- music loud pool crowded -- and 350 a night!!!! But you can't beat the convenience right on the beach. We have never had one problem staying there -- rooms are okay -- clean and small. I would go back because I love fire island.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Far overpriced for a couple of weekdays in July. The scene is very college, frat party-esque, kids stumbling to their room from the hotel bar to play flip cup at 4am. The room was amazingly small, no view of anything.

The reason for the 2 rating instead of a 1 is that the staff is very friendly. Other than that you are much better off staying elsewhere or renting a private house, you would probably even save money doing the latter.

• Stayed July 2012

Travelers are raving about these Ocean Beach hotels

Hartsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We visit Fire Island frequently. We usually sail in and don't stay over night, however it was my 6th year anniversary & my fiancé loves the beach so we decided last minute to stay. The receptionist Molly really made the hotel very welcoming & warm. She accommodated us with an ocean front view room which turned out to be very affordable & comfortable. The cleaning crew were on point & also very nice...Marisela was sweet. The manager, Patty personally assisted us and basically made it a point to make sure our stay was perfect. Overall we were very happy and had a memorable experience. We highly recommend the Fire Island Hotel and Resort to anyone and everyone. Can't wait to go back!!
--Omar & Ginny I.

Room Tip: Request ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Centereach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here from July 3-4, the price was good for a midweek holiday. The rooms are small, we had 2 couples in a DBL DBL. There was no ipod dock, like the website says, but we really werent in the room enough to mind. Overall the service was good, they picked our bags up right from the ferry, and were very quick when we requested more shampoo and towels. It was a good experience, I plan on staying at this hoitle again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I Cannot imagine staying a worst hotel!! Any one saying this place is great is an employe of the hotel or so drunk they don't remember their stay!! The warning should have been having to pay in advance before seeing the room. We were told the room was recently renovated, RENOVATED? more like recently flooded the wallpaper was from 1984 and I have seen better furniture on the side of the street. Even the pictures on the wall were broken. stove was rusting out, dishes were left for us dirty in the half dismantled dishwasher a plethora of cigarette butts littered the deck and the floor in the bathroom was broken as in "I might fall through the floor here where this crack in the tile is". As for the pool I have never seen one so cloudy from sun screen as well as large clumps of hair floating by. As soon as i figured out my daughter was starting to smell from the water I got out ASAP! I am just hoping my children's shots are up to date! I cannot believe any of these good reviews are real. they did not stay at the same hotel i did. a motel 6 looks like the ritz compared to this place STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: Cabin C "one of the most expensive and Renovated?" = nightmare
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have no idea what everyone is complaining about? You are staying at a Fire Island beach resort that is authentic Fire Island. If you want to go to Cancun or to a "Sandals" like contrived resort knock yourselves out but it is like comparing apples to like anything plastic and fake. If you are looking to stay like real fire islanders stay and enjoy everything that FI has to offer the Fire Island Hotel is the best. For the record we have been there a few times this summer and last summer and I can guarantee that the pool is clean and well maintained. The lounge chairs are always clean and the bar makes great drinks. The feeling we get from it is like staying at a beach cottage! We love it! As far as kids we see on average 3/4 kids at a time MAX and we have been there over holiday weekends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I recently spent a WE here with my wife and 4-year old daughter. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff, headed by Pat, were very friendly and helpful. Being the only hotel with a swimming pool is a huge plus for young children for whom the Ocean is still too daunting. The location is perfect, right by the beach. Looking at previous reviews which complained about the price, it should be noted that accommodations in Fire Island are typically expensive due to the location. Furthermore, the hotel doesn't market itself or claim to be a 5 star resort but rather a laid back and friendly place for a nice beach holiday. I personally also appreciated the fact that the hotel is located away from the bars and noisy nightlife while just a 5mn walk from nice restaurants. Overall, I would highly recommend the Fire Island hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fire Island Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!