“Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 stars

845-353-1200
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
8 North Broadway is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Nyack
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Washington Township, New Jersey
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2015

What an experience! Mark is a wonderful host and knows how to make you feel welcome. We had a fantastic night.

We started off with some great local oysters and shared a bottle of Cava. Great combination. The oysters was plump and quite succulent. Should have had more than 6.

For dinner I had the goat with polenta and my husband had the hen. I loved the goat. It was perfectly tender and the polenta was just creamy goodness. My husband does tend to like poultry and orders it a lot while I figure I can make it at home so why bother. Well, I will bother next time because it was really, really good. I never thought I would want to switch dinners with him. He wouldn't go for it so I'll order it next time.

Service was great throughout the meal and very friendly. Our waitress knew the menu well and and has us dying to try Sunday Brunch. Next free Sunday, we'll be there.

We have been looking for a regular Nyack restaurant since Lanterna closed over a year ago. Happy to say, we have found it.

• Visited April 2015

Catskills, NY
“An Exceptional Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2015

Quite simply, this dining experience was a complete treat, and we can't wait to go again. The restaurant has a very chic appearance, but still gives off a lot of warmth. The bar is a complete showpiece I marvel at every time we go.

Incredibly attentive service, with excellent suggestions on dishes, wine pairings, etc. Quick to check on each course, unobtrusive and friendly in demeanor. They made it a pleasure.

The crudo was bright and herbacious. A perfect starter portion.

The egg-noodle pasta was the type of creamy you know comes from melted cheese, not cream or oil, which highlights the chef's deft hand.

We loved that the PEI mussels came with orzo in the broth, and the sweetness of the carrots was a great balance to the capers.

The crust on the sirloin was delicious, as was the lemon vinaigrette for the yucca. The suggested cabernet was the perfect pair.

We'll be back, and you should try it too!

• Visited April 2015
New York City, New York
“A Nyack Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015 via mobile

Since it was Hudson Valley Restaurant Week 2015, we came here with friends and looking at the other reviews from YELP! we decided to try it, and we are glade we came. The inside is pleasing to the eyes with low lighting, brick walls, a large bar area with plenty of seating. To start I ordered the soup that was delicious. My entry was the Grilled Salmon (med. well) that was cooked to perfection with roasted seasonal vegetables. I would order the Salmon again if I ever come back. My friend started with the Potato Croquettes with a spicy dipping sauce that she thought was a little too spicy. Then for her main meal she had the Prime cut Sirloin Steak (med. rare) with Yuca Frites, however, she said the meat tasted bland and tasteless. I took a bite of her Steak and she was right, the meat was tasteless. I had better Steak at X20's in Yonkers. All in all, if I am ever in the area I may stop in here again for a bite.

Visited March 2015
new york
“Best Restaurant in Rockland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

There is no better food, service, or ambiance than this place. Check it out and you won't be sorry. The staff is warm and extremely skilled, the food is wonderful, and lunch, brunch, and dinner are all delicious.

• Visited January 2015
Nyack, New York
“Very accomadating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

8 North Broadway is a cozy restaurant with beautiful woodwork. I went with my girlfriends for restaurant week. My friend and I ordered a steak and had asked for it to be well done. When they brought it out it was very pink on the inside hence they took it back to the kitchen,. The waitress was very sorry and gave us a round of wine on the house. When they brought it out the second time they had cut it up and it was as black as charcoal. The manager saw our disgust and quickly took it away saying it was unacceptable. He offered another dish or if we would like the same dish. My friend and I ordered the same dish and the third time was a charm. It was very very good. The manager was very apologetic and did not charge us for it. He also gave each of us (3 in total) a gift certificate for $50.00 (150.00 total). Although this experience was time consuming and an inconvenience I would still recommend it as a good place to dine. I guess this is what happens when you go out to eat on Friday the 13th lol

• Visited March 2015