“Ceviche, Ceviche” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
NJ
“Ceviche, Ceviche”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The place is not in a very good location and do not have a good parking lot.
Ambience is very simple and it looks like it was built on a pizza place without changing much BUT the food is a good reason for me to want this place to stay in business!
The Ceviche is probably the best one I had in years. You should try the sampler!
Good job Maura!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

From the outside signage and location far from the prime areas of downtown Nyack, I often overlooked this place. However, hearing it's good from friends and loving ethnic food, I decided to grab a bunch of friends and go. Was pleasantly surprised to find a parking lot at the rear. It's small inside, our group of 8 took up half the place.. Wouldn't recommend bringing more than that. Best customer service! Excellent food-fish tacos were the best! Other dishes were OK-paella, crab balls. sangria was fine. Since then, friends brought to a party some beans from mauras and they were fabulous

Pennington, New Jersey
“Off night menu?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Went there based on the many reviews on Tripadvisor.com. It's a small restaurant on tip on the hill on Main Street away from the main strip or bars, stores and restaurants, The server was nice, but the place was practically empty. I was hoping to try some roasted Peruvian chikcen as I have enjoyed this at other Peruvian restaurants but it wasn't on the menu. I decided to forego the fish dishes tonight and ordered the cold potato dish called popo la huasuina, some chicken bites and empanadas. This was accompanied with curquena beer from Peru. The potato dish was oK and was topped with a yellow creme sauce and a half boiled egg, the chicken bites were a dissapintment. They were chicken nuggets with a sweet and sour sauce drizzled over them. The empanadas were the best item and they served this with a green jalapeno/cilantro dipping sauce (hot!). The bill came to around $33. During the meal a regular customer came in and ordered a meal ala carte with roasted chicken, rice and beans and it looked good, The price he paid was decent at around $12 and I think this might have been my better choice this night. I'm sure the seafood is great here as this seems to be this restaurants forte and based on other customer reviews of this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, New Jersey
“great Peruvian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I can't say I've ever had Peruvian food before, but this was a treat. For lunch, had three different kinds of ceviche, all delicious. I'm not a fan of tilapia, so they removed the tilapia and added extra shrimp and calamari for me. I could have drank the sauce - and was later told that I could have!! Had a Peruvian paella which was as good as any Portuguese or Spanish paella I've ever had. Washed it all down with delicious Peruvian beer, and had a wonderful refreshing dessert (can't remember the name.) Maura came out of the kitchen after the meal and asked how I enjoyed the food. I told her it was fabulous, and that I would be back, and I will. Fresh ingredients, attentive service, well prepared food, and a caring owner all add up to very enjoyable experience!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Sunday's dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was there a few hours ago with my family, and it was wonderful. The food was delicious, the service was very nice, the place was good looking including dim lights and excellent music... Nice experience. I love it!!! I took some food to go.. Because I live very far from Nyack. Nice, clean, a different level of Peruvian food. I will totally come back with my friends and family.