“Housekeeping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 North Broad Street, Route 12, Norwich, NY 13815-1736   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Norwich
Taylors
“Housekeeping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed for 6 days, and for 2 of them housekeeping did not clean the room or bring fresh towels. And - because I needed a handicap accessible room - I was disappointed in the walk-in shower. It did not have a "lip", which allowed water to flow on the tile floor. Twice I almost fell stepping out after showering.
I feel strongly that the days housekeeping did not come that the room should have at least a 50% discount, if not charged at all.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
oneonta, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

All I was expecting was a clean, w/c accessible room, only to enter a dark, disgusting smelling (like mildew and urine), small room with two very high beds with stained bedspreads, small old nasty bathroom that could only be used with the door open. We reserved this room several weeks in advance since we were attending a concert nearby. Needless to say, we did not check in after looking at the room. What an inconvenience this was and ruined what was to be a whole weekend in that area. I really wonder how the place got any good reviews at all. The hall way leading to the room smelled perfumed in the lobby area, but the "real" nasty odor got stronger as we went along down towards the room. The lobby was old but clean and the girl at the desk was very nice, but that doesn't give this hotel a better rating than one dot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Norwich hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Rooms were clean. Front desk was accommodating and very professional even amongst chaos. The pool was great for all the kids on this trip. All the staff was pleasant. The whole place was very welcoming. The location right on the main road made it difficult to come and go and parking lot is small

• Stayed October 2013
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business. A week after my stay there was an additional $125 charge on my credit card from Howard Johnson. I contacted the hotel to find out why I was charged $125 on top of my room rate. The hotel manager said I had smoked in my room and was charged a $125 smoking fee. I told them I was staying at the hotel on business and do not smoke. The hotel manager then accused me of smoking marijuana in my room and that resulted in the $125 smoking fee. I said I did not smoke ANYTHING in my room. The hotel manager refused to remove the charge.

I wish Hotel Staff would have addressed this issue with me at the hotel before I left the property. I was present in the hotel lobby for at least 25 minutes after check-out waiting for a co-worker. Now I have to spend my personal time trying to clean up the mess.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dana00287, General Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest: This is your second review on the same situation, and as we replied previously the charge will remain. We do not keep tabs on our guests as they check out of the hotel, as you stated you wished someone would have spoken to you in regards to the matter at hand. There was definite proof of smoking in a non-smoking room, and we are very strict about our policy. We are sorry you feel that you were overcharged, but the charge remains. Thank you Dana Meyer General Manager
Ellenburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

. Not room we reserved. old decor Noisy air conditioner, Tack strip we kept cutting feet on, no breakfast

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich

Address: 75 North Broad Street, Route 12, Norwich, NY 13815-1736
Location: United States > New York > Norwich
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Norwich
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Hotel Norwich
Howard Johnson Norwich

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.