“Nicest place to stay in the area!” 5 of 5 stars

Fred's Inn
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   Route 12 South, Norwich, NY   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Norwich B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nicest place to stay in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

What a nice place to stay! It was clean, there is a fridge and mircrowave in the room!. The room was spotless, parking was extremely convient, even the buffet was great.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

We were visiting an old friend of my husband's. The Super 8 was full and the other area motels either got bad reviews or there were no reviews so we took a chance on Fred's Inn which had several good reviews. I'm sorry that we didn't have time to sample the restaurant but my husband's friend cooked for us and we were leaving to visit him again before the Sunday buffet started. The room was clean. There were several extra pillows in the drawers. There was a small fridge and a microwave and coffee maker. The room was big enough to have a separate couch so I didn't feel claustrophobic. Iron and ironing board were provided. Free Wifi was nice even though I just brought my Ipod. I could pick up my email. Hairdryer was a little wimpy so I'm glad I brought my own. Our only complaint was some kind of dripping sound that woke us up several times. It seemed like the air conditioner from the floor above was dripping on the one in our room.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

My husband (who was born in Norwich) and I visit his family as often as we can during the summer months and always stay at Fred's. The rooms are large, beautifully decorated, CLEAN, big bathroom, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. Food at the restaurant is fantastic. We've had the best marinated steak we've ever eaten. The staff.....well, we can't say enough good things about them. Very personable, will go out of their way to make it the best stay you've ever had. We have stayed at almost every other hotel in Norwich (years ago) and once we can to Fred's, there is no other place for us to stay. They're like family now. We love it!!!!! Doug & Kath from Delaware State

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Nice staff. Food was good. Wait staff was so-so. Bathroom was clean. Beds were a little on the campy side....not very good.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

While on business this weekend in Norwich & Binghamton, NY area we stayed at Fred's Restaurant & INN in Norwich, for one night. Our first notion was to choose a higher priced "name brand" hotel in that area. But Fred's location was right, so we booked the room. Because the deal was a "no cancellation allowed at this hotel" --for the summer weekends they told us-- we were very skeptical of what we would find upon our arrival. To our surprise, the room was immaculate, clean as a whistle. No odors, no bugs, no complaints . . . except that the lighting in the bedroom room could use some improvement. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room, an unexpected ammenity, and last but not least . . . a very, very clean well-lighted, large bathroom. We would return to this hotel. I must add that the Howard Johnson's hotel in Norwich also had a "no cancel policy" for this weekend.

Stayed July 2008
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2004

Not much for the business traveler in the Norwich NY area. We stayed at Fred's Inn for 4 nights. Clean, large rooms, excellent service and the food is the best in town. We met others staying in nearby hotels who came to Fred's to eat.
If I must reurn, I'll stay at Fred's Inn.

Been to Fred's Inn? Share your experiences!