“Excellent chance for uninterrupted family time” 5 of 5 stars

518-863-4974
Website
Improve this listing
Boston, Mass
“Excellent chance for uninterrupted family time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

Have been there 4 times with our family of four. Once shared a large cabin with a 2nd family (friends) and enjoyed that too. Have esp. enjoyed the chance to be with family -- ski, eat, rest, ski, play games, ski, eat, read books, ski, make a fire, and rest. A lovely setting; super nice family running the place, a phenomenal sauna (makes you sleep thoroughly). Trails right outside your door. Was wonderful for the kids from age 2 through teenage years. Best part was removal from media (TV, radio, phones, computers....) and unstructured down time, or mixing who went with whom on various trail levels. Kitchenette helpful. Showers a bit small. Can seem pricey, but was worth it. One year stayed at local hotel and came to use the trails. Even tried snow shoeing and ended up buying pairs that we still use. Has provided memorable low-key vacations.

Albany, NY
6 attraction reviews
“Can't Beat It In The Capital District”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

Beautiful trails, good snow, proximity to Albany metropolitan area, friendly staff. It's becoming a part of my winter rites.

Albany, NY
“Olavi knows his skis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

My faithful cross country skis of 13 years delaminated earlier this season and although Olavi was able to repair them, I felt it was finally time to purchase new ones. Olavi worked with me to pick out a perfect pair. He listens and explains and jokes with his customers, making the buying experience truly a pleasure. I've been gliding along happliy on my new Atomics ever since. Here's to 13 more years of blissfull skiing!

GEORGIA
“Lifetime Nordic Ski Memories For Mom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

I loved this nordic ski cneter, best in the country! Everytime. I now live in Georgia and miss the snow terribly and Lapland Lake.When I lived in Edinburg, NY it was my escape as a mother. I had 3 children in 4 years, when I dropped them off at school I raced home to get my skis and went straight to Lapland Lake many times a week to ski for many hours. The scenery is beautiful and the trails fun. If ever visiting upstate NY do not hesitate to make a exciting lifetime memory for yourself.

West Glenville NY
“Excellent course, Welcoming Hosts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

I have been involved in the high school Nordic racing community for 15 years, and have been a high school coach for 6 years. Lapland Lake continues to generously support the racing community. Because of lack of snowfall at other local venues, Lapland has hosted four large high school races this season, some at the last minute, as our large Section (over 300 racers) had nowhere else to race. The owner's are committed to these young skiers, and committed to the sport of Nordic racing. Lapland will proudly host our Sectional Championships next week, as they do EVERY year.
Section II high school skiers are some of the best skiers in the state. State high school champions, and nationally ranked junior skiers have learned to ski at Lapland, and train here throughout high school, and when home on college vacations. The staff at Lapland know these young athletes, and keep up with their successes and challenges.
Many nationally ranked Masters-level skiers also call Lapland their home course. These competitive adult skiers have skied at some of the most beautiful and exotic venues all over the world. Still, they train at Lapland because it offers challenging terrain, beautiful trails and consistently EXCELLENT grooming.
When snowfall in the Northeast is a little sparse (like this year), Lapland's microclimate and grooming allow for the best possible conditions. We are always amazed that we have great snow to ski on, even if 40 miles away snow is absent.
We look forward to our next race at Lapland Lake! CBS, West Glenville, NY