“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Buffalo, NY
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Very casual and small inside. Maybe about 15 tables? Always good service and food.

N. Tonawanda
“Waitress with an Attitude---Food didn't make up for it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

We just got back from dinner at the Roman Cafe, which left a bad taste in my mouth in more ways than one! The food was so-so, and the waitress was full of attitude! We had to sit at our table and listen to her complaining about her job from the kitchen~~she was that loud! After listening to this while waiting for her to appear again, my husband stuck his head in the kitchen and asked for help. When we asked her if she realizes we can hear saying how much she hated her job, she said "Yes!", and corrected me by saying "I didn't say how much I hated my job, I SAID, have I told you how much I love my job! (dripping with sarcasm). Same thing in my book, regardless, why is this allowed? Why is she arguing withe me? Why do we have to tolerate this? Well, we don't--unfortunately, this place is off our list (unfortunately because I love giving business to establishments in our town, especially in this economy). And you can trust this will come up at the lunch table at my place of work tomorrow.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
ny
“in for a great surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

this place is a hidden dream
so many food choices
all good
been going here for years new cook oh my want some new exciting dishes try the weekly specials sure hope some get added to the main menu
a must place to check out in north tonawanda

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“Long time patron very disapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2004

My family and I have been dining at the Roman Cafe for nearly 16 years. A couple years ago I had moved to another city and while in North Tonawanda I thought it would be nice to visit an old favorite. After ordeing we were suprised to find our food in such poor condition, We made mention of the poor quality to the waitress who took our message to the manager, she came back and said the manager was not going to do anything about the dinner and had the nerve to suggest we buy something else. When leaving we asked to speak to the manager and the hostess told us he was to busy to listen to our concern. We had to threaten to not pay for our food in order for him to come out and see us at which point he threatened to call the police on us, now we were not making a seen or even talking in an elavated voice. The manager then proceeded to insult us and say that thier "house special is fatty and grizzly" and if we don't like it then we shouldn't order it. and for the record I have ordered many Delmonico steaks and expect a certain amount of fat, but not in the horrible condition this steak was in. I don't know if the managemant has changed in the last couple years or if they no longer care about their customers but I will never step foot in thier establishment again. I also hope that this review makes it back to the owners before they lose all of their customers.